ECHL in Portland Maine?

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Kalamazoo's not going anywhere no matter the attendance.

Would Ron Geary be willing to part with the Evansville/Owensboro franchise if the arena renovations fall through?

ADK34

Feb 1, 2016
Glens Falls, NY
Possible that Portland could replace an existing team in the ECHL once they join or they could be the leagues 30th team being the third expansion franchise that year

Also, if NHL expansion succeeds that season, possibility that the current NHL teams moving, would want to move their AHL/ECHL teams.

For example: If the Arizona Coyotes move to Las Vegas, would the owners want to move Tucson and Rapid City? Or is it possible that the NHL would be expanding to a 32 team league wit, say, Las Vegas and Quebec City joining, without any existing teams moving. LV and QC would want AHL/ECHL teams.

But ill save all that for another thread

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I can certainly see Elmira relocating after this coming season. The agreement on the "donation" of the team to the "community foundation" said the old owners would offset any losses for 3 seasons. This is season 2 and attendance is only slightly better. The third year is up at the end of next season. I can't see how the team is profitable so would guess a sale may be forthcoming. Whether that sale ends up in a relocation remains to be seen.

I don't pay attention to what goes on down there anymore at the arena but I know I saw an article that claims the arena may have a buyer. My guess with the owners basically bailing quickly on the team that the team would be part of a sale

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The ECHL keeps coming back to the northeast. As far as relocation you could probably look at a few short list franchises. Wheeling, Elmira, Brampton, maybe the Evansville/Owensboro pipe dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad