ECHL: 3mm for 20+ straight years

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
To UHL/CHL fans it wasn't.

Some of the Western and Southern ECHL teams have older more stable rosters.

Atlreast in the AHL they get decent replacements. ECHL guys just need to get up to terms with the speed, they have the skill.

The talent pool only runs so deep. I hear the same thing about the AHL call-ups to the NHL. Somebody posted about a year ago that Milwaukee had no players worthwhile to call up to Nashville. I pointed out that 75% of the Preds roster had played in Milwaukee. There are about 5 or 6 guys who have made the jump since then. Roman Josi has played on the 1st or 2nd defensive pairing, sort of replacing Suter. Pretty darn good for a bum from Milwaukee!

Congrats to the ECHL and their teams, keep up the good work! I know that Milwaukee had 3 D-men called up from Cincinnati. They played quite well. Anthony Bitetto is staying with the Admirals.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The talent pool only runs so deep. I hear the same thing about the AHL call-ups to the NHL. Somebody posted about a year ago that Milwaukee had no players worthwhile to call up to Nashville. I pointed out that 75% of the Preds roster had played in Milwaukee. There are about 5 or 6 guys who have made the jump since then. Roman Josi has played on the 1st or 2nd defensive pairing, sort of replacing Suter. Pretty darn good for a bum from Milwaukee!

Congrats to the ECHL and their teams, keep up the good work! I know that Milwaukee had 3 D-men called up from Cincinnati. They played quite well. Anthony Bitetto is staying with the Admirals.

Glad to hear that Bitetto is playing well with you guys. He was a bit "green" in Cincinnati, but has some obvious talent.

Taylor Aronson and Charles Olivier-Roussel are also both quality players in the Nashville system who are playing in Cincinnati right now. Aronson looks much improved since his recent stint in Milwaukee and Roussell is only 20 and certainly has a fair deal of upside to him.

I marvel at those who claim the ECHL isn't good hockey and/or that it is the equivalent of the CHL/UHL/IHL2/etc. I would think that this season's editions of the Fort Wayne Komets and Evansville Icemen would put that to rest for good and for all.

The Komets won last year's CHL Championship and are on life support regarding their playoff hopes this season despite having many CHL carryovers on their roster. The only reason they are still in the hunt (mathematically, anyway) is a send down from their affiliate, goalie Jef Deslauriers.

Evansville is so bad that they are probably going to be in last place in a 14 team conference. Todd Robinson-one of top scorers in minor league hockey history-and his relative struggles says it all.

Last year he had 92 points in 66 games (1.39 points per game) and was a -5. This season he has 59 points in 51 games (1.15 points per game) and is a mind-blowing -36. His +/- is 31 worse than last season. That should about say it all to those who claim that all AA is created equal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad