Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Even strength is where the Panthers have the advantage. They learned from last year, and this regular season, that losing composure can cause them to lose leads and games. They could have been a lot more physical against the Lightning, but knew that giving the Lightning PP opportunities would make winning the series more difficult, so I expect the same composure against the Rangers. No team is able to rattle them to the point where they go away from that script.

Florida over the regular season was the best 5-on-5 team in the league, and the best defensive team in the league. They push the pace, they dump and chase more than any team in the league, they forecheck relentless, are physical, and tend to control possession. If they can keep the series even strength, and limit the Rangers PP chances, it will certainly help.

One thing that will be interesting is Lundell playing 2nd line center with Verhaeghe and Tkachuk, and Bennett on the 3rd. Lundell has been playing outstanding hockey, and brings excellent D zone coverage to that line, allowing the to be be more effective on both sides of the ice. It gives the Panthers 2 defensive minded centers the matchup against the Rangers top 2 lines, and allow Bennett to still be effective and have an advantage over any 3rd line center for the Rangers.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Even strength is where the Panthers have the advantage. They learned from last year, and this regular season, that losing composure can cause them to lose leads and games. They could have been a lot more physical against the Lightning, but knew that giving the Lightning PP opportunities would make winning the series more difficult, so I expect the same composure against the Rangers. No team is able to rattle them to the point where they go away from that script.

Florida over the regular season was the best 5-on-5 team in the league, and the best defensive team in the league. They push the pace, they dump and chase more than any team in the league, they forecheck relentless, are physical, and tend to control possession. If they can keep the series even strength, and limit the Rangers PP chances, it will certainly help.

One thing that will be interesting is Lundell playing 2nd line center with Verhaeghe and Tkachuk, and Bennett on the 3rd. Lundell has been playing outstanding hockey, and brings excellent D zone coverage to that line, allowing the to be be more effective on both sides of the ice. It gives the Panthers 2 defensive minded centers the matchup against the Rangers top 2 lines, and allow Bennett to still be effective and have an advantage over any 3rd line center for the Rangers.
Best 5v5 team by goals for/against was the Jets and by public analytics the Oilers. But you were indeed one of the best and significantly better than the Rangers. However to get those results you also took and drew the most penalties, so special teams may have more of an impact which could favor the Rangers.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Best 5v5 team by goals for/against was the Jets and by public analytics the Oilers. But you were indeed one of the best and significantly better than the Rangers. However to get those results you also took and drew the most penalties, so special teams may have more of an impact which could favor the Rangers.

And that is why I mentioned the discipline compared to last years team. They know the PP could have made a difference for TB in the first round series, and they tried staying out of the box, without the assistance from the officials.

Same goes with the Boston series. They were antagonised every chance they got, especially after the Bennett hit, yet they stood the course, and played their game.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
we won multiple cups...your franchise zilch...but you all act like you're a powerhouse franchise cocky as shit. can't wait to knock ya'all down a few pegs
Montreal has the most cups in league history. Are you scared of them? Of f***ing course not. Because those players have nothing to do with the current team. This version of your roster hasn't done shit either. So I'm looking forward to a great series between nobodies.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Thinking about this series more and if Carolina had better goaltending NY is not here.

NY has seen two of the worst goalies in the east and now will face an elite one that also has better top end talent than Carolina.

I also love how NYR fans think because they have Rempe that it somehow matches our toughness.

What makes Florida great is the top end guys are tough/goons. Think Tkachuk is worried about a guy that can not skate that will avg more PMI than ice time? It is Pat Maroon 2.0. Truba will make a couple big hits but meh in my eyes.

Cats stay out of the box this is done in 5.

Last edited:

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Thinking about this series more and if Carolina had better goaltending NY is not here.

NY has seen two of the worst goalies in the east and now will face an elite one that also has better top end talent than Carolina.

I also love how NYR fans think because they have Rempe that it somehow matches our toughness.

What makes Florida great is the top end guys are tough/goons. Think Tkachuk is worried about a guy that can not skate that will avg more PMI than ice time? It is Pat Maroon 2.0. Truba will make a couple big hits but meh in my eyes.

Cats stay out of the box this is done in 5.
The elite one with the .902? Or the one with two seasons over .906 in the last five?

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
The elite one with the .902? Or the one with two seasons over .906 in the last five?
He is Vezina finalist and hardly took shots in the Boston series. Throw all the numbers you want he is way ahead of the two NYR saw the first two series.

Reactions: Laus723

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Should be a thriller for the diehard hockey fans out there. The p*** fest between fanbases is lame. Rangers fans talking about 1 Cup to Florida's 0. Cats fans claiming Lindgren, who literally dragged Washington himself to the playoffs, is bad, while also dumping on Andersen who also was the second best goalie in hockey post-AS break is hilarious. Throw it all out the window starting Wednesday.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Should be a thriller for the diehard hockey fans out there. The p*** fest between fanbases is lame. Rangers fans talking about 1 Cup to Florida's 0. Cats fans claiming Lindgren, who literally dragged Washington himself to the playoffs, is bad, while also dumping on Andersen who also was the second best goalie in hockey post-AS break is hilarious. Throw it all out the window starting Wednesday.
All these people want to be loud, and if their team loses they will hide. It's pathetic. This should be a close series, but if you are on either side and want to run your mouth, come back and own it when you are wrong.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Obv a bit biased but I like FL in 5 here if they can stay out of the box. Outside of a monster 3P effort in G6, Carolina outplayed NYR 5v5 the entire series. I think FL is better up front, on the back end, behind the bench and obviously in goal.

While not taking anything away from NY they played a glorified AHL team in R1 and hit on the PP at an unsustainable rate. Played CAR very tough and deserved to win but they have historically matched up very well with CAR who in reality is low % high volume shooting team where a goalie like Igor excels. Ultimately Kuz and Jake weren't enough to get them over the hump despite strong series from both.

FL is an entirely different animal. Fast, physical, balanced scoring across 3Ls and a vastly superior defensive core to CAR. They will pound NY defense on the forecheck and defensive zone breakouts can be an issue when under pressure. I don't see a road for NY to win other than if the series comes down to a true special teams battle.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Neutral fan at this point, but in the interest of science it would be fun to see what Rempe brings when there is a lot on the line.

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Yeah we have one above-average defenseman. Granted he’s really above-average.

To be perfectly honest he sure hasn't been good in the POs this year injury or not. CAR didn't take it to him physically, lots of fly bys on the dump ins. I expect FL to hit him every chance they get.

Reactions: Laus723

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I’m sure when this series starts the whole view on things will change here on the boards. Personally the pre media/fan talk/ articles make this so much fun to be a Cats fan or Rangers fans. Enjoy the moment people.

I do know one thing if it ain’t a rivalry yet it will be going forward. New York will bring on the Mecca of media and I hear New York is all buzzing Rangers. I expect Floridians will join in the fun.

GOOOOOOOOOO CATS !

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Obv a bit biased but I like FL in 5 here if they can stay out of the box. Outside of a monster 3P effort in G6, Carolina outplayed NYR 5v5 the entire series. I think FL is better up front, on the back end, behind the bench and obviously in goal.

While not taking anything away from NY they played a glorified AHL team in R1 and hit on the PP at an unsustainable rate. Played CAR very tough and deserved to win but they have historically matched up very well with CAR who in reality is low % high volume shooting team where a goalie like Igor excels. Ultimately Kuz and Jake weren't enough to get them over the hump despite strong series from both.

FL is an entirely different animal. Fast, physical, balanced scoring across 3Ls and a vastly superior defensive core to CAR. They will pound NY defense on the forecheck and defensive zone breakouts can be an issue when under pressure. I don't see a road for NY to win other than if the series comes down to a true special teams battle.
Devils fan ready to blame special teams if the Rangers win. PP merchants. Blah blah blah.

How original.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Wellll....if the previous cups and banners and all the past mean anything that will somehow influence this series, as you initially implied when analyzing the series :sarcasm:
Then Bob’s 2 Vezina’s MUST mean he is better goalie, right?
that’s how that kind of logic works, no? :laugh:
Technically....

Bobrovsky has 2 Vezinas in 711 NHL games played. 1/355 GP
Shesterkin has 1 Vezina in 223 games played. 1/223 GP

Shesterkin's Vezina rate is far superior.

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
He is Vezina finalist and hardly took shots in the Boston series. Throw all the numbers you want he is way ahead of the two NYR saw the first two series.
He hardly took shots, but he let them in? This logic doesn’t logic. And very true. He is .07 better than Freddy Anderson

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
He hardly took shots, but he let them in? This logic doesn’t logic. And very true. He is .07 better than Freddy Anderson
Ummm, you’re trying to twist his point around a bit, but that’s ok, lol. The fact is Bob played very well vs Boston, and made big saves when needed.
Goalie stats really don’t mean that much, or at least can be very misleading.
Stats, schmats Can’t wait ‘til they drop the puck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad