Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
doesn't mean much bud, but more than none
Man, it means absolutely squat. Just say it.
You started off as if it were some big factor to consider, and you’ve been slowly backpedaling since. Just stop. It’s ok, we all say silly things sometimes.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Man, it means absolutely squat. Just say it.
You started off as if it were some big factor to consider, and you’ve been slowly backpedaling since. Just stop. It’s ok, we all say silly things sometimes.
we do, like the unbeatable cup winning Panthers mollywhopping the Rangers right?

I was just pointing out that newfound moxy coming out of your fanbase is incongruent to the club's success.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Rangers have an elite top 6 and the Panthers have nobody like Panarin. Florida may have the advantage with their bottom 6 but Shesterkin has outplayed Bobrovsky and the Rangers’ special teams will smother Florida and ultimately help win NYR the series.

The Rangers beat the 2nd best team in the East while Florida has only played two mediocre teams. This’ll be a huge wake up call for them.

am i doing it right?
The amount of Rangers fans I tilted with my honest opinion. Hilarious.

After Boston's fans I didn't think they could be surpassed but here we go.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I live in Florida and proudly representing the NYR
I’ll take a large pie with xtra cheese and pepperoni, peppers and onions, por favor.

we do, like the unbeatable cup winning Panthers mollywhopping the Rangers right?

I was just pointing out that newfound moxy coming out of your fanbase is incongruent to the club's success.
Yes, those posts claiming FL is gonna just stomp NY are just as clueless and silly.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
what's there to learn? about you bandwagon Panthers fans?

I live in Florida and proudly representing the NYR
Bandwagon fans. I really expected hockey teams to have more creative fans instead of regurgitating the same cringe-ass chirps. What's next, gonna talk about our 6 fans? How nobody knows hockey in Florida?

I've been on this website for over 2 decades supporting just one team, you've been here for a hot minute. This is a hockey message board. You won't find any bandwagon fans so start paying attention.

Also, Carolina blows dick in the playoffs. Stop acting like beating them is a badge of honor, literally any team worth their salt deals with them easily in the playoffs, look at their history FFS

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Bandwagon fans. I really expected hockey teams to have more creative fans instead of regurgitating the same cringe-ass chirps. What's next, gonna talk about our 6 fans? How nobody knows hockey in Florida?

I've been on this website for over 2 decades supporting just one team, you've been here for a hot minute. This is a hockey message board. You won't find any bandwagon fans so start paying attention.

Also, Carolina blows dick in the playoffs. Stop acting like beating them is a badge of honor, literally any team worth their salt deals with them easily in the playoffs, look at their history FFS
respect

I’ll take a large pie with xtra cheese and pepperoni, peppers and onions, por favor.

Yes, those posts claiming FL is gonna just stomp NY are just as clueless and silly.
I can do sausage and meatballs

oh yeah well we beat Washington! 2018 cup winners lol

let's all play nice and let's see who the better team is.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Rangers in 5.

It felt like Florida had the honor of just showing up and kinda trying for 60 minutes, and they'd beat Boston without much pushback. I think they'll up the intensity, but the Rangers are just that much better top to bottom IMO.

Ideally, they'd both get swept, but such is life

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
respect

I can do sausage and meatballs

oh yeah well we beat Washington! 2018 cup winners lol

let's all play nice and let's see who the better team is.
Agreed! I think this is going to be a hell of a matchup and tight series. Obviously I'm going to give my team the edge but realistically this thing could go either way.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The best thing about NYC is that Vinnie Viola is from there. Proof that any sunbelt team can succeed with the right ownership group.

Our fanbase is made up of mostly diehard NHL fans relocated from northern states and Canada, its always amusing to me that fans assume that just because it's Miami no one knows a thing about that rubber disc and wooden stick.

The state of Florida has always been an ideal expansion spot and is the reason the grass roots level of hockey has exploded in the state. Those posters talking about attendance issues and using know nothing fanbase chirps, those haven't been valid for over 20 years now.

Check out the US national U18 programs, hockey is alive and kicking out solid prospects into lower levels across North America.

There is now a handful of NHLers that grew up as Junior Panthers playing in the league.

The condesending crap is pretty humourous.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The notion that this Rangers core hasn't been tested is just really f***ing weird.

What do you think we've been doing all this time?

Chris Kreider has played in 117 playoff games.

The only team more experienced is Dallas because they're all 200 years old.
The Rangers don't lack playoff experience not sure who is claiming that.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Rangers don't lack playoff experience not sure who is claiming that.
Multiple people have claimed in this thread that we haven't been tested and that this will be a wakeup call.

We've been to this round before against a better team (with all due respect, the Lightning did win two Cups).

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Multiple people have claimed in this thread that we haven't been tested and that this will be a wakeup call.

We've been to this round before against a better team (with all due respect, the Lightning did win two Cups).
I don't think it's out of left field to say the Panthers will be the hardest test this postseason for the Rangers thus far.

I think the difficulty increases normally with each round you advance. Doesn't always mean that you play the hardest opponents in that exact order however.

The series is going to be a banger IMO.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think it's out of left field to say the Panthers will be the hardest test this postseason for the Rangers thus far.

I think the difficulty increases normally with each round you advance. Doesn't always mean that you play the hardest opponents in that exact order however.

The series is going to be a banger IMO.
The toughest test, sure.

It's not going to be the first test.

We played the Lightning two years ago. We had the same team.

We've come back from 3-1, we closed out series were we leading in, we blew leads and then had to recover. We've seen it all already.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The best thing about NYC is that Vinnie Viola is from there. Proof that any sunbelt team can succeed with the right ownership group.

Our fanbase is made up of mostly diehard NHL fans relocated from northern states and Canada, its always amusing to me that fans assume that just because it's *Miami* no one knows a thing about that rubber disc and wooden stick.

The state of Florida has always been an ideal expansion spot and is the reason the grass roots level of hockey has exploded in the state. Those posters talking about attendance issues and using know nothing fanbase chirps, those haven't been valid for over 20 years now.

Check out the US national U18 programs, hockey is alive and kicking out solid prospects into lower levels across North America.

There is now a handful of NHLers that grew up as Junior Panthers playing in the league.

The condesending crap is pretty humourous.
Just replying to this because people should read it again.

*would only amend this to say South Florida*.

Edit, and this is definitely how things took hold originally, but I don’t know if fanbase is still “mostly” transplants. There are many who as “local” kids grew up rooting for the Panthers, despite their team always struggling. My son and his friends among them.
It is cool when going to games in Sunrise how many old school Panthers jerseys you see. The die hards have always been here, even after the apathy sown by (previously) shoddy ownership.

Last edited:

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017

Europeans mostly are fans of players, players from their own country to be specific, i guess you could call that bandwagoning? Carry on.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
No matter what you say or what you think you must go through the Panthers to rightfully go to the Cup it’s where we are ..me thinks some are jealous. lol

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I moved from Pompano to St Aug and love it up here. Sunrise is nice but I think they're crazier about hockey up north here. I'm 4 hours away from Tampa.
St Augustine is such a cool place. I like visiting there.

No matter what you say or what you think you must go through the Panthers to rightfully go to the Cup it’s where we are ..me thinks some are jealous. lol
And visey versey
FL gotta go thru President trophy winner
It’s all just jibber jabber

HANK30

Why not us?

What about the Panthers' history? 2 SCF appearances and that's about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad