Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Should be a great series. I think that FL should win....their relentless, attacking style is very tough to play against ... but I am also a big believer of having the best goaltender, which would favor NYR.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Of the best non-panthers and rangers teams in the East, NY played the #1 and #6 team. Panthers played 2 and 3. The gap is just big enough between the Panthers/Rangers and the rest that the Panthers were able to make it look relatively easy.
Who cares? This is the absolute most meaningless argument.

WHO CARES!

Reactions: Peltz and Beezeral

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think they were very overhyped after the trade deadline, and need a core shakeup, which will probably happen this offseason. Rod gets the absolute most out of them in the regular season, much like the Bruins and Montgomery, but they struggle with rising to the next level in the playoffs.
Exactly. Beating them in the playoffs isn’t the enormous accomplishment Rags fans think it is. Panthers will be their first real time seeing a good team in two years of playoffs.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Broons and the Panthers were definitely a slog, as they were both playing big boy hockey. There wasn’t much room out there for pretty plays.
FL focusing on trying to stay out of the box, seems to have dialed back the pot-stirring aggression a little. “Certainly, they are capable of more.” Yep, we’ve only seen flashes of them when they really got it rolling. Something has seemed a bit off, in several of their games.

Can you do it right after you do the one about Potvin?
This guy gets it, we dialed back the aggression on the puck, with Tampa and Boston, for those who watch the Panrhers every game, know this to be true, we are not going to see this here either, we will stay out of the box and play 5 vs 5, but we know this, Paul Maurice is a good coach and he will have them fixated on staying out of the box.
It is a fact the Rangers have all the tools to beat the panthers, but so are the Panthers.
The team that wins it here, will win it all.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Oh dude. I would not use that as a flex that your team is physical. That was an atrocious cheap shot that should've had a lengthy suspension tacked on to it and the league absolutely fumbled the bag. And I despise Boston
I was following your conversation with interest until you went Conspiracy mode, you need to stop, so we all get to enjoy your wealth of knowledge through your comments, when a fan starts blaming the referees and Toronto, it does not help their argument, stay clean!

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Exactly. Beating them in the playoffs isn’t the enormous accomplishment Rags fans think it is. Panthers will be their first real time seeing a good team in two years of playoffs.
Ok, but if Carolina's not good, then this is the first time the Panthers are seeing a good team in two years.

The Bruins are a bye.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Rangers aren't some pushover team tho. They can fight back too. I don't think that is going to be the difference. I think discipline will be key because both teams have good power plays and can beat you that way. Goaltending is going to need to be really good in the ecf to move on.
Exactly, discipline on both sides, I wrote about this previously, what player is going to loose the game for their team by taking a penalty? I doubt it, there will be penalties but not intentionally on both sides.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Ok, but if Carolina's not good, then this is the first time the Panthers are seeing a good team in two years.

The Bruins are a bye.
Beating the ghost of Tampa Bay and a Boston team with Morgan Geekie at their 1C. Last year was way more impressive for Florida, but they won the series that they were supposed to. Rangers have done similar, despite being underdogs against Carolina.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

The Bruins are a bye.
Last years historic Bruins team were not good? Last years Stanley Cup champs were not good?

Devils. Carolina. Capitals. Sorry man, none of that is high quality competition. Maybe the Panthers will show you what that looks like though.

Reactions: HabsQC

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Last years historic Bruins team were not good? Last years Stanley Cup champs were not good?

Devils. Carolina. Capitals. Sorry man, none of that is high quality competition. Maybe the Panthers will show you what that looks like though.
Ok, Vegas obviously, I was talking about the East.

The Bruins haven't beaten a good team in the playoffs since 2013. They're completely unserious.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I still can't believe how many people are sleeping on Dallas.
Dallas is fo' realz, I have seen many of their games and that is a well oiled machine, everything looks smooth and easy when they have the puck.

Tello us you don’t know shit about the Panthers, without…

Clown comments already is this thread.
He definitely don't know Jack..I mean Forsling.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
YES! This is why I continue to participate in these forums: turns out, the Devils (last year) AND THE CANES (every year) are both NOT GOOD teams. Granted, this means that the Rangers aren't good either, but the cat is out of the bag Devils and Canes fans, your team stinks, HFBOARDS Official.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Tello us you don’t know shit about the Panthers, without…

Clown comments already is this thread.
you're damn right I don't know shit about the Panthers. because I'm a NYR fan and we're about to cook your ass.
I don't agree, but funny nevertheless.

curious as to why Panthers fans feel they have some kind of powerhouse but the entire franchise has never won shit.
If you truly believe this, Then you don't know anything about hockey, I think is best, you leave us now, my Good Sir!

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Lot of people here are very positive in how a coin flip series is gonna go. More power to you all. I am cautiously optimistic. Emphasis on cautiously.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine

If you truly believe this, Then you don't know anything about hockey, I think is best, you leave us now, my Good Sir!
I don't know shit about hockey because I must have missed the championship banners? I've been watching since before Bure played on your team and ya'll were losing in 96 broseph.

your fanbase needs a good old fashioned humbling. the team is pretty solid, I must admit. it's this attitude that you guys are world beaters...where's the championship bud?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I don't know shit about hockey because I must have missed the championship banners? I've been watching since before Bure played on your team and ya'll were losing in 96 broseph.

your fanbase needs a good old fashioned humbling. the team is pretty solid, I must admit. it's this attitude that you guys are world beaters...where's the championship bud?
So, you take one or two people’s comments and extrapolate that out to the entire fanbase? That’s some Clouseau level deducing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad