Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The key is the scoring support you give that type of net minder…..
Shesty is also the best puck handling goalie in the league. He has no problem hitting a fwd with a tape to tape pass on the opposing blue line. FLA will need to keep the puck away from him on their dump ins.
Bob is a good puck handler too, but not like shesty.
Tampa imo was gassed. Depends too largely on kucherov and their PP.
Plus their D was banged up and looking old, they are rapidly going from one of the beasts in the East to a 7-8 squeak in seed.
So far, all the rangers top 6 has been performing. Panarin has 4-5 game winners and their entire top 6 is pretty much a PPG or better…
They are performing and will need to continue to do so if NYR wants to come out on top.
Their 3rd line mainly, needs to provide more timely offense. Besides will Cuylle, no one on it looks to be a danger offensively. They need to be better on that side of the puck. Hopefully chytil comes back fully and adds some offensive pop.
I give the rangers a slight edge on D and in net.
Forsling is very good, but Fla has no one like Adam Fox. Hes playing with a knee brace. Hopefully the rest will pay dividends for him.
I think FLA is more comfortable running their 4 lines with regularity.

It’s the final 4. The margins are razor thin as it is….. will the cats physicality slow down the rangers speed????
The most glaring thing my eyes saw against Boston was the amount of breakaways they let up.
At least twice a game, sometimes more the bruins were able to slip a FWD in alone from the redline in. Whether it was a bad pinch, line change, whatever etc……
If they give that to NYR, they are going to get burned, because the rangers have far more offensive fire power then the bruins.
If it turns into a back and fourth trade chances track meet, imo that also favors NYR. Again, both offenses are potent, but in that situation the better goalie is key, which is shesty.
For that panthers, they have to get the puck deep and cycle, Along the circles and behind the net.
Canes had a lot of their success there generating scoring chances and FLA has the personnel to make the rangers miserable if they execute that grind it away cycle..

PP/PK will be huge for both…. When the opposing team gets the chance, they need to make the other pay….

Both teams have healthy doses of playoff experience.
Both have a ton of playoff games under their belt and a ECF loss in the last 3 seasons.

These 2 are def the cream of the crop in the eastern conference. NYR finished 1st, most comeback wins, etc

Fla let in least goals, are a more vet heavy team; can play a physical grinding style that can give NYR trouble

Both are well coached and conditioned.

It’s going to be a good tilt eaither way…..
In the NHL, it’s really hard to beat a good team 4 times…..
That’s what makes me think this goes at least 6 games possibly 7.
Whoever you like.
Excellent report very impressed…. Go Panthers !

I know ESPN and NHL hoping New York comes out of this because if the Finals is Dallas vs Florida or Canadian Team vs Florida.......LMAOO ratings disaster
What you miss is the Cats are sexy and people are intrigued with the Panthers.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
I know ESPN and NHL hoping New York comes out of this because if the Finals is Dallas vs Florida or Canadian Team vs Florida.......LMAOO ratings disaster

In the immediate term, probably. The thing is NY in the finals likely leads to the least long-term growth for the league. Florida or Vancouver winning their first Cup would likely spur more long-term growth. Teams like NY and Toronto – with hundred-year-old fanbases, and people that can and will pay for over-priced tickets, even when their teams suck – are multi-billion dollar franchises that do not need much help.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
In the immediate term, probably. The thing is NY in the finals likely leads to the least long-term growth for the league. Florida or Vancouver winning their first Cup would likely spur more long-term growth. Teams like NY and Toronto – with hundred-year-old fanbases, and people that can and will pay for over-priced tickets, even when their teams suck – are multi-billion dollar franchises that do not need much help.
Thats fair. But yeah i think Dallas vs New York is what ESPN is praying for in the short term

Reactions: TheWrongWay

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Rangers in 6? I don’t know man I’m kind of terrified of the Panthers.
As you should be we have strong lines top to bottom experience the real key. Just a word of advice don’t get Chucky mad and all this talk of him not performing gets back. BEWARE OF CHUCKY !!!!!!

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Why? Rangers are a good team, but at worst, any of these 2 team can beat each other, just by lucky bounces, hot goalie, bad penalty call, I think the Panthers will play the Rangers in the same way they played Tampa. In a run and gun type of game, the Rangers win every night, it is all about coaching for me.
If they were playing like they played before the trade deadline, I'd be more confident but still anxious. I've been watching sports too long to be overly confident. Besides, I've been watching this team since the beginning in 93. This is the best chance they've ever had to go all the way. If not, they could take another 30 years before they get another chance, who knows. I don't have that much time.

Reactions: IdleTraveller

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm interested to see who Barkov is deployed against the most- Zibanejad or Panarin's line.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Thats fair. But yeah i think Dallas vs New York is what ESPN is praying for in the short term

Maybe so. As a NYR fan, I am just worried about getting past Florida. If that does happen, I am not a fan of what ESPN wants and would prefer Edmonton in the Finals lol

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
For sure.

I dont mind either team advancing though. They're both pretty exciting teams to watch when they are on their game.

Selfishly, I'd like to see Dallas win the cup. To me it's the least of the 5 evils remaining.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
If they were playing like they played before the trade deadline, I'd be more confident but still anxious. I've been watching sports too long to be overly confident. Besides, I've been watching this team since the beginning in 93. This is the best chance they've ever had to go all the way. If not, they could take another 30 years before they get another chance, who knows. I don't have that much time.
I have been a fan that long, if you dont have that much time, the Panthers better get to work.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
It was more of a slog to get past Boston that I predicted. The Panthers are not playing that well tbh. Certainly, they are capable of more. Tkachuk is having nowhere near the same impact as last year. Luckily Barkov looks better this year.

I think Rangers take this in 6.

If it is going to 7 surely it will be quite close...
Last year they got there with physicality and the will to win, this time around, they have tamper down on the physicality obviously because of Tampa Bay and to some extent Boston PowerPlay, they have to do the same with the Rangers, can't take penalties just because, I think this is all coming from the coach, so they have been very disciplined and don't exp3ct that to change, that is why they don't look as overwhelming as last year.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
There's absolutely no way Tampa and Boston were harder competition than Carolina. It's not 2019.

I don't think it matters at all, but saying the Panthers had a harder road is just incorrect.
They are tougher however than Washington and Carolina combined. Two very different styles, we are a more physical Carolina, with better goaltending and better pure goalscorers IMO.

Can only play who you play however, its not meant as a slight to the Rangers.

Reactions: TheWrongWay

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They are tougher however than Washington and Carolina combined, IMO.
I mean, yeah, Washington's a complete joke, but they had just as much chance of beating the Rangers as either of Florida's opponents had of beating Florida.

Tampa's cooked. They were a great dynasty and I respect them, but they're a first round team at this point.

Boston loses if they don't get .950 goaltending at 5v5. They're a less talented version of the Rangers. Take out the one Cup 13 years ago and they have the worst choking resume in the sport outside of Toronto.

The Rangers, Panthers, and Canes were on an island as the three best teams in the bracket.

The Rangers have played a team capable of eliminating them. The Panthers haven't.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I mean, yeah, Washington's a complete joke, but they had just as much chance of beating the Rangers as either of Florida's opponents had of beating Florida.

Tampa's cooked. They were a great dynasty and I respect them, but they're a first round team at this point.

Boston loses if they don't get .950 goaltending at 5v5. They're a less talented version of the Rangers. Take out the one Cup 13 years ago and they have the worst choking resume in the sport outside of Toronto.

The Rangers, Panthers, and Canes were on an island as the three best teams in the bracket.

The Rangers have played a team capable of eliminating them. The Panthers haven't.
The only reason you guys didn't sweep Carolina is because you no showed games 4 and 5, and if Anderson had hugged the post with a bit more conviction Carolina had a chance to go to 7 with all the momentum IMO. The series was closer than it should have been considering the talent the Rangers have.

We are familiar with the Canes too. Every Atlantic playoff team could have beaten the Capitals or Islanders in the first round IMO. And anyone expecting TB or Boston to be fading away doesn't watch them or play them enough IMO. Both are quality squads while somewhat flawed that will retool this offseason and be back in the playoffs with better teams next season.

That terrible Bruins team had 5 points less than the Rangers and 2 points less than the Canes in the regular season. They are well coached and always viable.

Last edited:

Machinehead

Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only reason you guys didn't sweep Carolina is because you no showed games 4 and 5, and if Anderson had hugged the post with a bit more conviction Carolina had a chance to go to 7 with all the momentum IMO. The series was closer than it should have been considering the talent the Rangers have.

We are familiar with the Canes too.
I think Carolina's a lot better than you're giving them credit for.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Of the best non-panthers and rangers teams in the East, NY played the #1 and #6 team. Panthers played 2 and 3. The gap is just big enough between the Panthers/Rangers and the rest that the Panthers were able to make it look relatively easy.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I think Carolina's a lot better than you're giving them credit for.
I think they were very overhyped after the trade deadline, and need a core shakeup, which will probably happen this offseason. Rod gets the absolute most out of them in the regular season, much like the Bruins and Montgomery, but they struggle with rising to the next level in the playoffs.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Games 5 & 6 against Carolina (possibly as early as 4, idr for sure), there was reportedly a flu going through the Rangers locker room. Chytil missed a game and a couple of the vets missed practices as well.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Machinehead

Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Games 5 & 6 against Carolina (possibly as early as 4, idr for sure), there was reportedly a flu going through the Rangers locker room. Chytil missed a game and a couple of the vets missed practices as well.
Also, we were good in game 4 and good in game 6.

I'm looking forward to sometimes having the puck in this series, although I'm going to miss having an odd-man rush every time we touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad