Votes: 125 19.3%
  • Rangers in 5

Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
No strong feelings on who wins here. Kind of think Barkov just puts Zibby in a big brother headlock this series.
Two teams with great Russian goalies, really solid forward depth, and fairly mid defenseman IMO. Should be a physical one, lots of guys on both teams who like to mix it up.

Trochek the X factor here for me. Can he stick it to another former team?

can any flames fan comment?

why did Tkachuk wanna leave Calgary? What measures did the management make to try to keep that guy? Dudes a beauty to have on the team. wtf happened here?

He told the team he wasn't willing to sign with the Flames.
Lots of speculation he was expecting to be named Captain and when Gaudreau left and that didn't happen he just bailed.
Was also a fairly contentious RFA signing on his 1st major deal.

Treliving and Calgary's ownership liked to play hardball with their young players and gave the veterans endless rope/money. It was dumb then and looks even dumber now.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Panthers are killer on the road. That's no obstacle for them. Could be a 4-5 game series if the Cats take game 1. I don't see the Rangers power play getting the kind of opportunities to make a difference if they're down multiple goals every night to a superior Panthers 5v5 overall game.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Rangers in 7.

Barkov seems to have a hand injury, couldn't take faceoffs at the end of the game. Not sure if it's serious but if it is... good luck.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This is going to be another hard fought series.
Not a fan of FLAs D core. Bobrovsky also runs extremely hot and cold and is prone to mental lapses at points in the game where it will cost his team. The bruins offense just wasn’t good enough to overcome/take advantage of the situation.
The cats top 3 lines can all score. Everyone knows Barkov and Tkachuk are a handful. But Verheagie always seems to play well against NYR. Bennett and Lundell add to a potent group.
They have a solid PP but rangers PK has been excellent in the reg season and all through the playoffs……
Rangers have a top 6 that can run and gun with the best of them talent wise. If the games open up, they will give the cats all they can handle.
3rd line has been chipping in as well as 4th.
Goodrow has been really good in this playoff run and so has will Cuylle. Rangers need more from Kakko and Wennberg offensively, unless chytil comes back and starts centering 3rd line again.

I think this 5 days rest is gigantic for both teams. Injuries, illness, etc.

I’m going rangers in 6, with a possibility of it going 7.
I like rangers D, Coaching, and timely elite goaltending better.
That’s what takes the series imo.
Should be interesting, not a ton of bad blood between these 2 teams. It might take til game 3/4 for. Them to really dislike each other.

so far I had NYR in 5 over caps and
NYR in 6 over canes.

I’m sticking with rangers in 6.

I still think a NYR/van cup would be eerily cool with all the 1994 parallels, but 1 series at a time…….

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Finally the Panthers face a legitimate contender. They are a highly over rated team and the Rangers are going to show that

Highly over rated that made it to the Eastern Conference Finals (and maybe further)? Still sounds like you are bitter from last year and the whole “we want Florida”, debacle. Don’t be so bitter, it’s not good for the heart.

Anyway as a Florida fan, I would love to see Florida take this series but I think we will have trouble with the Rangers power play. I want to see Florida in 6 but it will probably be the Rangers in 6.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
Got Panthers in 5 v Tampa
Got Panthers in 6 v Boston

Fancy same again Panthers in 6 v NYR

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
New York City is home to over 3 million rats.

It's time to collect on 18 years of persecution.
LOL!! But that means it's pretty much home game advantage for us then ;-)

I voted Panthers in 7 but that was more of a homer pick TBH. We did not look good the last couple of games against Boston and the Rangers have so much talent. Thinking it will actually be Rangers in six. But then, we also play better when we're underdogs so who knows...

GO CATS!!

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This will be a fun series. Maurice vs Laviolette. Shesterkin vs Bob.

We have high end goalies in the final 4 this year.

Reactions: BHD

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Don’t feel optimistic about this one…

Rangers 5 on 5 can struggle, same with the defense. Panthers are a tough team with good goaltending.

Unless the Panthers are undisciplined.. Panthers in 6.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Let's go Rangers, Rangers-Canucks or Oilers would be good. The Canucks would have to wear their reverse retro jerseys for full '94 effect though.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Everyone will make their predictions. No one knows what’s going to happen. These are two very good teams and it’s going to come down to bounces and execution.

Ranger fans need to hope that Bread goes ham against his buddy and in the spotlight of Miami.

Florida fans need to hope that their bruisers have better luck finding open chances in the slot than the Hurricanes did.

No clue what will happen. Ultimately worried that it doesn’t matter anyway because Dallas is such a wagon.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The X factor in thsi series will be goaltending. Both are elite. I can see a couple of games that are low-scoring affairs and I could see a couple of games where each team blows the other out. That's just how it goes in the playoffs when you have that much talent up front. The Rangers need Fox to get back to being Fox or they are going to have a hard time moving the puck up the ice. I'd like to see Rempe in just to keep the Panthers at bay with the liberties they tend to take after the whistle.

Rangers in 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad