Votes: 125 19.3%
  • Rangers in 5

Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I like the Rangers, i think Trochek been the best player so far in these playoffs, great goaltending, however...
Panthers will beat the Rangers.

Better coaching, system, depth in scoring, also, Rangers have players that can go slumping if the series doesn't start well for them
Panthers coaching prevents this.

Panthers are mentally stronger.
if the Rangers PP doesnt bail them out, then series over

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Rangers are probably a little bit better at 5v5 than people think.

Some of the newer analytics people, doing stuff beyond xG; they really like us. Meghan Chayka's xG model had us beating out Carolina (marginally). We don't get much but the chances we get are busted, beyond what the current models measure.

Now, on the flipside, we were +1 at 5v5, and that is what it is. Which is odd, because Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere had the most 5v5 goals in the league. Since Chris Kreider entered the league, his neighbors in GF% include Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon. Our top six drives goal differential like crazy. Our bottom six is legit the worst I've ever seen on a contender. The only reason Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko aren't the most offensively inept 4th line in the league is because they're our 3rd line.

That's a legitimate weakness. If we don't continue to get close to 1.5 PPG production out of top guys, we're gonna have trouble scoring.
If chytil can actually come back and be healthy then maybe that 3rd line can score something. I wonder if laviolette trusts putting him at all at this point though unless he wants a changeup

Someone in that line has to take some initiative to put the puck in the net. With chytil they could suddenly be a good three line team

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I think this will be a war of attrition. Both teams are relatively okay (by NHL playoffs standards) at this time. I wonder what it will be like by series end for the team left standing.
But, it's going to be great!

Last edited:

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Picked FLA to go to the finals the past 2 seasons. Went with NYR this season. Still standing by that, but won't be at all surprised if FLA wins. Teams are both very solid with a lot of star quality. Hoping it's a long series because as a hockey fan it's awesome to see the cream of the crop squaring off.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I keep seeing this meme-like nonsense from some Rangers fans but it makes no f***ing sense unless you expect 6 D like Team Canada. If you think the Rangers D sucks then other teams' D sucks much worse so far in the POs.
It's really not a good defense corps. I don't get what people see. :dunno:

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad