EBEL/ICE Hockey League General Discussion (3 clubs added for 2021-22)

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Talking about the finals, Tuokkola is carrying Bolzano all the way to the top. Let's see if he can maintain this form till the end. Bolzano has constantly lower amount of shots than their opponents and by a huge margin too.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
From the games I've seen they outplayed Vienna fair and square. The SOG disparity can be chalked up to score effects and gameplan as they were leading for the most of the series and didn't mind sitting back a bit when they did. Vienna with and without Holzapfel is like 2 different teams though, sucks for them he got injured.

Series against Salzburg is a different story though, they were flat out lucky to win the game 1 (3rd period of that game was like 20 minute long PK) and game 2 went the way it was supposed to. You can see Bolzano not really having answers to Hughes or Muller. I think this magic run is over, Salzburg will win the series in 6 games at most.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
From the games I've seen they outplayed Vienna fair and square. The SOG disparity can be chalked up to score effects and gameplan as they were leading for the most of the series and didn't mind sitting back a bit when they did. Vienna with and without Holzapfel is like 2 different teams though, sucks for them he got injured.

Series against Salzburg is a different story though, they were flat out lucky to win the game 1 (3rd period of that game was like 20 minute long PK) and game 2 went the way it was supposed to. You can see Bolzano not really having answers to Hughes or Muller. I think this magic run is over, Salzburg will win the series in 6 games at most.

Very true, i have to admit, i've only been watching highlight videos on EBEL page.

Big win yesterday 4:2. Seems like a statement game. They have great fans and great arena, hope they go all the way.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And to my joy and amazement, Bolzano have won it winning game 7 at Salzburg. 2nd time in 5 years this low-budget team wins EBEL. Now that's doing things right.

At one point mid-season, they were dead last in the league. Stunning comeback.

Local legend Alex Egger has announced his retirement after the win.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Medvescak signed two EIHL players and one sub - 90% SHL goalie. Looks like they are again building team for first round exit:surrender

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Medvescak signed two EIHL players and one sub - 90% SHL goalie. Looks like they are again building team for first round exit:surrender

At first that is abit shocking to see they signed two guys from the EIHL. Yet looking at the two player and their stats its clear they were better than the EIHL.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Medvescak, with bunch of no-names and drop outs on it's roster somehow managed to beat Geneve Servette in friendly game 5:4 after penalites. What makes things even more strange is that Geneve played with best possible roster.:huh::help:

Babula

May 31, 2012
Medvescak already returned last year in the EBEL. And there is not much to be pumped about. 9th or 10th place I predict.
ok then, so i just like Zagreb anyway. still so pumped about this league.

signature : fan of Znojmo I am.

I like the way Red Bull Salzburg has moving to it last years. What do you think about RB Hockey Akademie ?

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I like the way Red Bull Salzburg has moving to it last years. What do you think about RB Hockey Akademie ?
It's improving...best option in the region but not a good development option past a certain age, maybe 18, because of the lack of senior slots. With the reclassification of the Rookie Cup squad, I would feel comfortable sending a kid there. However, it's extremely competitive.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Medvescak should look into signing Tomislav Lovric.
Tomislav Lovric at eliteprospects.com

I don't believe they look for players with Croatian origin anymore. Anything will do, no need to have direct link to Croatia, just has to be ready to play for peanuts and 2 minutes of ice time.

This guy would ruin his career playing in Medvescak. They have no long-term plan whatsoever.
That club is a joke.
They could have easily built a stable professional hockey club, but they got greedy and even set Croatian hockey few steps behind.

Reactions: pukovnik

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I don't believe they look for players with Croatian origin anymore. Anything will do, no need to have direct link to Croatia, just has to be ready to play for peanuts and 2 minutes of ice time.

This guy would ruin his career playing in Medvescak. They have no long-term plan whatsoever.
That club is a joke.
They could have easily built a stable professional hockey club, but they got greedy and even set Croatian hockey few steps behind.

I agree with everything you said !

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Medveščak Zagreb are in financial trouble. They can't pay the players' salaries anymore. Players are free to leave and two have already done so (Manavian to Grenoble, Puskarich to Manchester). Talks with sponsors are being held to avoid the team from dropping out of the league after the upcoming international break.

Source (in German)

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
It is very possible that tomorrow's game in Znojmo is the last one.

Official statement by the club:

“We can confirm that our management currently faces a new challenge. In the light of our sponsor who was announced as reliable at the beginning of the season withdrawing their commitment. We are looking what is the the best solution for the Club to finish this season. The club will ultimately fulfill all its obligations this season, but it is certain that certain organizational changes will arise due to the situation caused by the withdrawal of the announced sponsor”.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
"but money for equipment missing"

This part reminds me of early to mid-80's during the biggest financial crisis in Medvescak before building company "Gortan" became main sponsor.

What kind of outcome do you predict?

Will another sponsor step in, will you play in Alps league next year?

The latter would be the best for Croatian hockey it seems, local guys would get some playing time against better opponents. You can't build much playing in IntHL.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
What kind of outcome do you predict?

Will another sponsor step in, will you play in Alps league next year?

The latter would be the best for Croatian hockey it seems, local guys would get some playing time against better opponents. You can't build much playing in IntHL.

Very hard to predict, but if I have to, my prediction would be either Alps league or IntHL. It would be miracle if we stay in EBEL after all of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->