EBEL/ICE Hockey League General Discussion (3 clubs added for 2021-22)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think it's impossible for a #4 sport in the country to get significant government funding.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I think it's impossible for a #4 sport in the country to get significant government funding.

I agree. Hockey would get huge boost if City of Zagreb would financially helped them, as they are helping some other clubs that have far worse results and much lesser attendance. Alpen league could be doable with some sponsors + city financial help, but as I said in previous post I don't think this will happen. They will play EBEL until they can and then let club simply vanish.

Croatian hockey is in never worst condition. Our U18 and U20 NT-s are in D2B with tendency to fight for survival there. Almost all teams in slovenian youth leagues are disastrous.

At least good news is coming from Sisak. After more than 80-yrs of organized hockey there their Ice rink will finaly get roof. Opening ceremony will (should) be on December 15th. For those who are interested pictures of how works progress can be seen at KHL SISAK FB page. KHL Sisak

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Medvescak is slowly coming where it belongs, at the bottom of EBEL. Last three games, three loses with 1:9 goal diffirence.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I have impression that you really want Medvescak to suck. Dont know why, there isnt Dahlin waiting for us.

Your impressions are wrong ! Nobody happier than me if we can turn things around, but with our current play and awful powerplay we are going to have very hard time to reach playoffs even out of bottom six.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I'd actually be 100% for this.

I would be actually 100% against it. Simply unfair. Imagine one of the most careless clubs in europe when it comes to youth development (Medvescak) to pick 1st overall and basically steal some "wonderkind" from RBS academy in which they were investing through years.

Reactions: Arnusson

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I would be actually 100% against it. Simply unfair. Imagine one of the most careless clubs in europe when it comes to youth development (Medvescak) to pick 1st overall and basically steal some "wonderkind" from RBS academy in which they were investing through years.
This is of course true but one of our biggest problems is Red Bull stacking the rights of top Austrian athletes and them not getting playing time so that would be my motivation.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
There are only 17 Austrian players in top 100 in EBEL, points wise. League is relatively rich and therefore 'artificially' strong with all the imported North American players. It's really hard for young local talents to get those top 6 minutes necessary for proper development.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Your impressions are wrong ! Nobody happier than me if we can turn things around, but with our current play and awful powerplay we are going to have very hard time to reach playoffs even out of bottom six.

Ok I know that you want all the best for the team but at the times your pesimmism is a little tiring.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
I love this idea so much I'm going to make a mock right now :laugh:.
Round 1
1. Bozen: Igor Merezhko
2. Avs: Donat Szita
3. Villach: Bartlomiej Jeziorski
4. Medvescak: Mark Kaleinikovas
5. Znojmo: Szilard Rokaly
6. Graz: Nico Feldner
7. Dornbirn: Samuel Witting
8. Innsbruck: Arturs Homjakovs
9. Salzburg: Kele Steffler
10. Klagenfurt: Daniel Obersteiner
11. Linz: Jacob Lundell Noer
12. Vienna: Nikita Kozyrev
Round 2
13. Bozen: Markuss Komuls
14. Avs: Bence Szabo
15. Villach: Bartek Bison
16. Medvescak: Nikita Boyarkin
17. Znojmo: Grzegorz Radzienciak
18. Graz: Julian Klockl
19. Dornbirn: Gergely Toth
20. Innsbruck: Samuel Duggan
21. Salzburg: Alan Lyszczarczyk
22. Klagenfurt: Valentin Hammerle
23. Linz: Dominyk Bogdziul
24. Vienna: Renars Krastenbergs

Reactions: Arnusson

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
After nine in a row Medvescak decided to sack coach Cameron. New coach should be announced soon.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Some nice wins recently. Against Red Bull cans, couple against KAC, same result vs VSV, split points with Graz. All in all great couple of weeks after that terrible sequence.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
After nine in a row Medvescak decided to sack coach Cameron. New coach should be announced soon.

Big win against Innsbruck today. I don't like the usual drop off in the 2nd period but guys kept scoring so it didn't matter too much today, it made for a better game after all.

Boivin is an interesting D-man, more goals than assists. Is Perkovich injured?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Perkovich is injured. He should be back for playoffs, if Medvescak reachs it.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Yes, nice game and win, but for me this was the moment of the night

Nothing like a home boy rookie scoring. Let's hope he ll get his fair share of minutes in the future, otherwise it would be smart to loan him to Olimpija for instance to play bigger minutes in Alps League, IntHL is doing nothing for him at this point.

Reactions: pukovnik

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Yes, nice game and win, but for me this was the moment of the night

Beautiful deke and snipe. If he did that more, where would he be. Funny also how shocked he looked initially when he scored, like he couldn't believe it was happening to him.

If there's one positive tradeoff of coming back to the EBEL it's this. Even if his minutes haven't increased significanty, he couldn't have pulled that off on a KHL Dman. If it's Cam Barker or Karl Stollery that doesn't happen. If that's Guntis Galvins or Michal Sersen that doesn't happen. It's too steep a step. Fabian Nussbaumer, that's much more manageable.

Reactions: pukovnik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->