Austria: EBEL General Discussion

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Milos Krasic, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Arnusson

Arnusson Registered User

Not sure I follow. What credit?

2. Arnusson

Arnusson Registered User

Yeah, that bounce on Rosandic goal was weird but that goal was still on him. His weight was clearly on the wrong foot and he acted poorly imo, but he still had the good game and all.

So, what do you think why they hate domestic guys so much, and why are they deliberately ruining their progress and carreer?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  3. HungryFrank

HungryFrank Registered User

he's bad, basically messed up every goal against Medveščak in first few games, still hasn't shown any offensive production (form what I understand that should be his thing), and yet he is on PP, I think I saw him even on PK and playing regularly for seven games and even his CV is basically MOL or AlpsHL level.

While homegrown youngsters (guys who should get chances, and they do everywhere in Europe), who don't cost "foreign" points and have much higher upside and marketing quality, are benched after first mistake, so I wonder, if they trusted a homgrown guys the way that they trust Privitera, wouldn't it benefit them more? And in place of Privitera maybe bought a quality foreigner that can make an impact immediately?

every homegrown player can play like he does (bad), so imagine a homegrown player playing 2nd line, PK, PP for seven games and Medveščak waiting for him and trusting him. I can't imagine that.

4. Arnusson

Arnusson Registered User

Yeah I agree with you on his poor game, but that may be the problem here. Do you think that Kegalj or Smolec can perform better than him? I dont know tbh, but I have some faith in coaching stuff to evalute the situation right. I say again, I dont see a reason why the club wouldnt give the domestic guys chance if they can play better or in the same level as some foreign players.

5. HungryFrank

HungryFrank Registered User

to me, the moment when you start doubting if foreign player in this league is better than homegrown youngster, his ship has sailed. I don't think that player in that role should be bad, I'm just saying that anybody can play like he does, while youngsters and club would benefit from that in a long run if "Smolecs" took his place.

To me it indicates they are not in this project for the long run. They are trying just to pull as much money while the iron is hot, not to create a professional club that would be around the long time.

6. pukovnik

pukovnik Registered User

I wrote on croatian forum that fans should be happy if Medvescak will play Alps league within 4-5 seasons (this one included).

7. cave troll

cave troll Registered User

5-1 vs KAC

Let's enjoy it while we still have McIntyre, since he is 2 levels above EBEL league.
    Too bad that he will soon leava for some stronger league.

8. maxim84

maxim84 Registered User

Drew Macintyre leaving for Straubing Tigers...Medvescak will go back to sucking again...

9. cave troll

cave troll Registered User

Who knows, maybe Danny Taylor will come now? hehe

10. pukovnik

pukovnik Registered User

Something tells me it could be Pekka Tuokkola once when Lameroux gets healthy.