EBEL/ICE Hockey League General Discussion (3 clubs added for 2021-22)

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
I m not sure if there is much croatians players at the moment who are capable to devolop in EBEL.

Exactly....not to mention most hockey equipment is provided by the parents of these kids since clubs have no money to buy gear for 20 players...

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I m not sure if there is much croatians players at the moment who are capable to devolop in EBEL.

If there are just two of them,ok, in normal club ,one that cares about hockey in their own country, they would develop them and not bring in unproven slovenian or any other foreginer.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well throwing people in over their head is not developing either. And Simsic, as unproven as he is, is miles better than any Croatian prospect.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Well throwing people in over their head is not developing either. And Simsic, as unproven as he is, is miles better than any Croatian prospect.

Of course Simsic is better, that is not even the subject...

I don't see how is giving 4th line minutes to the players who dominated (reached finals and there lost against RBS) junior EBEL "throwing over their heads" ?

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Of course Simsic is better, that is not even the subject...

I don't see how is giving 4th line minutes to the players who dominated (reached finals and there lost against RBS) junior EBEL "throwing over their heads" ?

Because those are the kids who hit the ice 2 or 3 times a week or something like that.

Whole junior system needs to be changed, serious investment in infrastructure needs to be made and I dont think that Medvescak have that kind of money.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Because those are the kids who hit the ice 2 or 3 times a week or something like that.

Whole junior system needs to be changed, serious investment in infrastructure needs to be made and I dont think that Medvescak have that kind of money.

players that dominate in EBYSL can play in EBEL, it's not that all players in EBEL have 5 practices per week.

You can always send players abroad, but give them a reason to invest in their hockey development, like a place on the team.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
And 4th line minutes are good for development?

No, but it is unwritten law that in 4th line should play domestic guys. In 99% of clubs, even in heavily imported leagues, 4th line is mostly occupied by homegrown players. No one can convience me that Jarcov/Jankovic can't play same role as Rajsar (I watched him for three seasons back in "old" EBEL days), which is basically, skate for 7-8 minutes per game and don't screw anything.

The players I am talking about had very good development. One of the players dad is chief of youth development in HC Zagreb and they had ton of ice time, they played various AAA tournaments in Canada (u10, u12), and since the age of 12 they had foregin coaches.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
No, but it is unwritten law that in 4th line should play domestic guys. In 99% of clubs, even in heavily imported leagues, 4th line is mostly occupied by homegrown players. No one can convience me that Jarcov/Jankovic can't play same role as Rajsar (I watched him for three seasons back in "old" EBEL days), which is basically, skate for 7-8 minutes per game and don't screw anything.

I think that this year they are going with the domestic players. SoundandFury mentioned that we have zero deepth so maybe they will roll with young croatians on bottom six.

The players I am talking about had very good development. One of the players dad is chief of youth development in HC Zagreb and they had ton of ice time, they played various AAA tournaments in Canada (u10, u12), and since the age of 12 they had foregin coaches.

How old are this guys now?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I think that this year they are going with the domestic players. SoundandFury mentioned that we have zero deepth so maybe they will roll with young croatians on bottom six.

How old are this guys now?

They are on EBEL roster....

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Medvescak added some new players in defense. Harri Tikkanen (36 yr old) who played more than 900 games in Liiga and another Vermont alumni, Alexx Privitera.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Bit of OT but Medvescak has rehearsel game tomorrow. Does the ticket cost something or is it free. Ended up to Zagreb and was considering going to watch that. But it has been a long trip and already sort of counting coins :).

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Bit of OT but Medvescak has rehearsel game tomorrow. Does the ticket cost something or is it free. Ended up to Zagreb and was considering going to watch that. But it has been a long trip and already sort of counting coins :).

No game in Zagreb tomorrow. Game will be played in Szekesfehervar, in Hungary. It is four team tournament, Gabor Ocskay jr. Memorial.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Thanks. Just looked it quickly from their home page and medvescak was home team. You saved me from a pointless trip to there :).

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Thanks. Just looked it quickly from their home page and medvescak was home team. You saved me from a pointless trip to there :).

You won't miss anything by not watching them. Medvescak roster is qualitatively very doubtful. Most of the roster is either unproven or too old (Netik, Balej, Tikanen). I predict long and bad season, likely we will miss playoffs.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Noooooooo
But Fox said there are three top teams and then there are 3 teams of similar quality and Medvescak is a part of that group...how can you insinuate we will miss playoffs, especially after beating Lyon 2:1 and a misfortunate loss against Villach

btw, I don't have sarcasm emoji on my mobile

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Noooooooo 😂😂
But Fox said there are three top teams and then there are 3 teams of similar quality and Medvescak is a part of that group...how can you insinuate we will miss playoffs, especially after beating Lyon 2:1 and a misfortunate loss against Villach

btw, I don't have sarcasm emoji on my mobile

Lyon is 6th team in France league...not exactly best example. Didn't say we will miss, I wrote it that I think we will miss it. Our roster doesn't impress me...

List of unproven players in EBEL : Aviani, Olden, Privetta, Puskarich, Simsic, Cepon, Deutsch, Rajsar + domestic guys

List of players that are on downside of their careers : Zanoski, Brine. Perkovich

Player (goalie) who can't be trusted : Kroselj

Oldtimer list in previous post.

There are so many questions...

Maybe we sneak into PO as 8th team which means sweep against RBS/VIC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->