EBEL/ICE Hockey League General Discussion (3 clubs added for 2021-22)

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Also Robert Kristan back to Olimpija. This will be weird, seeing a Medvescak fans favorite goaltender on the opposite side. I know it already happened with Brust, but Lix and Barry left under different circumstances

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Also Robert Kristan back to Olimpija. This will be weird, seeing a Medvescak fans favorite goaltender on the opposite side. I know it already happened with Brust, but Lix and Barry left under different circumstances

It won't be weird because Olimpija is not in the EBEL anymore.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Koskiranta really stands out, maybe he thought he was going to KHL... See kids, this is what happens when you don't do your homework.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
MedveÅ¡ÄÂak re-signed domestic players Jankovic, Smolec and ZanoÅ¡ki (till 19/20). Plus, they signed ex-NCAA star from University of Vermont, Mario Puskarich who is of cro heritage.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Michael Boivin in defence and young Norwegian forward Sondre Olden in offence are new Medvescak's signings.

Babula

May 31, 2012
dd.jpg

we are ready

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Slovenian trio of Saso Rajser, Nik SimcÂÂic and Mark Cepon signed with MedvescÂÂak. I hope we could get some crowd from Slovenia.

Yeah that's the most important thing, not the one that domestic players will again be sidelined and probably quit. It seems Medvescak didn't learn a thing in last eight years.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Yeah that's the most important thing, not the one that domestic players will again be sidelined and probably quit. It seems Medvescak didn't learn a thing in last eight years.

Smolec, Kegalj, Janković, Jarcov, Zanoski, Ficur and Rosandic is not enough for you?

If the domestic players gonna be sidelined and quit thats gonna happen because they wont be good enough to play in EBEL. If you wanna watch only domestic players than watch croatian legue.

And yes that is very important thing because those things keep the club alive.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Smolec, Kegalj, JankoviÄâ€Â¡, Jarcov, Zanoski, Ficur and Rosandic is not enough for you?

If the domestic players gonna be sidelined and quit thats gonna happen because they wont be good enough to play in EBEL. If you wanna watch only domestic players than watch croatian legue.

And yes that is very important thing because those things keep the club alive.

It is not about how many of them are on the roster it is about are they going to get some minutes or not.

About your last paragraph....:laugh: I am not sure if you are serious or not. Rajsar, Simsic and Cepon are nobodies in slovenian hockey and apart from their family and maybe some die hard hockey friends I don't know who would be crazy enough to go to Zagreb to watch players who can't crack Slovenian NT.:help:

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
It is not about how many of them are on the roster it is about are they going to get some minutes or not.

About your last paragraph....:laugh: I am not sure if you are serious or not. Rajsar, Simsic and Cepon are nobodies in slovenian hockey and apart from their family and maybe some die hard hockey friends I don't know who would be crazy enough to go to Zagreb to watch players who can't crack Slovenian NT.:help:

They are gonna get the minutes they deserve. I know it would be great to have a young core of domestic players playing big minutes but the team needs to compete too.

And I know these Slovenes are nobodies but I used them as an example of trying to get bigger market and fanbase for the club, maybe they are the wrong choice, maybe not, time will tell.

The Medvescak hype is gone and I m concern about attendance numbers. Any help
from outside is more than welcome to fill the Dom Sportova.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Let's be honest, if there will be some fans from Austria they won't be attracted by hockey or players but cheap beer... I remember last season in ebel when there were games in Arena Zagreb and the biggest company that provides alcohol for bars and caffes needed to work overtime as they did not have enough trucks to send booze

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Let's be honest, if there will be some fans from Austria they won't be attracted by hockey or players but cheap beer... I remember last season in ebel when there were games in Arena Zagreb and the biggest company that provides alcohol for bars and caffes needed to work overtime as they did not have enough trucks to send booze

well thats nothing to be ashamed of :D

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Simsic and Cepon aren't nobodies, former being 2nd best Slovenian prospect at the moment so it is additional incentive for die hard Slovenian hockey fans to come to the game.

Having said that, nothing generates attendance and creates hype better than winning so that should be the priority. At this point it seems this team has some excellent players and absolutely 0 depth.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Well Simsic and Cepon aren't nobodies, former being 2nd best Slovenian prospect at the moment so it is additional incentive for die hard Slovenian hockey fans to come to the game.

Having said that, nothing generates attendance and creates hype better than winning so that should be the priority. At this point it seems this team has some excellent players and absolutely 0 depth.

Well that is good news. It may be fun to watch this guys develop. Team is surprisingly young. I thought that they would just sign a bunch of vets.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015

Simšič is a way better player than Čepon. I'm sure they will get a great chance to show their talent and I'm glad because of that.

Edit: On the other hand, Croatian players are now left to play a beer league called IHL (without the beer due to the lack of funds :laugh: ) so I completely understand why fans don't like this arrivals. You have to build a sport from within... building an identity is even more important than the result

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

Fans from Austria will be attracted by their own teams when they will play in Zagreb.

Well that is good news. It may be fun to watch this guys develop.

Medvescak, as croatian club, should develop croatian players, not foregin ones. Foregin ones should be established players who can make immediate impact on the ice. But this is Medvescak we are talking about, so everything is possible.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Medvescak, as croatian club, should develop croatian players, not foregin ones. Foregin ones should be established players who can make immediate impact on the ice. But this is Medvescak we are talking about, so everything is possible.

I m not sure if there is much croatians players at the moment who are capable to devolop in EBEL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad