Eaves, Tambellini, Steen, Nilsson, Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Just for fun, thought id take current prospects whos dad played in the NHL and see who you think will have best NHL career... and most upside?...right now im putting my money on Tambellini, I think his speed and his shot is what it takes in the NHL, after that id probbaly take Eaves, I used to like Nilsson a lot but will his talent ever translate to points?

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
A funny thing is that all of these players have been signed with their resective NHL clubs this off-season. So we'll see them all in the NHL this season.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
think/blue said:
Steen signed Aug 9th. His camp will determine whether he's with the Leafs or Marlies this year.

Thanks. TSN doesn't have him listed despite listing other signed picks and I was on vacation when he signed, so that's why I missed it.

Is Nilsson signed as well? TSN doesn't have him listed either.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's always difficult to evaluate prospects based on their initial seasons in the NHL because the team they play for is the most important factor.

Nash played on an expansion team, was given tons of ice time, played in all situations, and was allowed to accumulate a rather nasty negative plus/minus.

By contrast, a player like Spezza had to earn his ice time slowly, playing on the 3rd and 4th lines of an established offensive team and occupying time on the 2nd PP unit.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Crosby=Gretzky said:
A funny thing is that all of these players have been signed with their resective NHL clubs this off-season. So we'll see them all in the NHL this season.

Not sure if Tambs will see nhl ice this season, unless the teams' injuries continue. A year in the ahl is probably best for him. Glad he signed.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
NyQuil said:
It's always difficult to evaluate prospects based on their initial seasons in the NHL because the team they play for is the most important factor.

Nash played on an expansion team, was given tons of ice time, played in all situations, and was allowed to accumulate a rather nasty negative plus/minus.

By contrast, a player like Spezza had to earn his ice time slowly, playing on the 3rd and 4th lines of an established offensive team and occupying time on the 2nd PP unit.

Good valid points, but play along...surely you have your favorites in the long run. my hunch right now goes like this
1. Tambellini
2. Eaves
3. Steen
4. Nilsson
5. Bourque

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
sveiglar said:
Thanks. TSN doesn't have him listed despite listing other signed picks and I was on vacation when he signed, so that's why I missed it.

Is Nilsson signed as well? TSN doesn't have him listed either.

It's not confirmed yet but several sources have said he is signed. There has been nothing from the Islanders yet, but eliteprospects.com has him as signed - and that's a very reliable source on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad