Easton Synergy one piece - grip or no grip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Just take some black hockey stick tape and rub the sticky side up and down the stick. Creates the exact same compoud, although leaves a rather large black streak on your stick. The stock "Grip" eventually wears off, if you use it often it wears off much much faster. Yaknowwhatimsaying...

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Non-grip lets you stickhandle more easily since your bottom hand won't be stuck, if you really want grip than just do what the poster above me said.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
just by the grip if it's only 10 bucks more. Putting the tape down it doesn't last for that long either and it gets the black grose stuff on it.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
I usualy like to have extra grip but it will shorten the life of your golves. I do remember that I used to slightly wet the glove palms when I didnt use any other type of griping aid.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Kevin said:
I'm looking at some Easton Synergy SL's and I'd like to get some opinions on grip vs. non grip in here. The grip is like $10 more I think and was wondering if it adds anything.
It adds grip.

PavelBure

Jan 5, 2003
edmonton
i have a grip one and si core non grip and it doesnt really do all that much i just end up candy cane-ing my sticks

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
Toonces said:
Yes, they break.

Didn't have anything to do with the question though.

Didn't.. but I figured I'd give him a fair warning anyway. Of all the composites stick breaking.. those just seem to give a LOT faster.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Jacobv2 said:
But it probably provides less gripe, wouldn't you say?

Gripe? I'll assume this was a typo and you meant grip.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you would want a grippier shaft? Perhaps to most efficiantly transfer power when you shoot? I imagine more grip would allow for less stregnth "squeezing" the shaft on a shot since the stick would in theory be easier to hold through the use of less force. This would allow for more force to be put on a shot. Further, there would be less "slippage" on a shot which one would normally have to compensate for even if only fractions of milimeters. This could effect velocity, accuracy, ect.

While that may be the scientific explanation, I'm not entirely sure it's not just a matter of personal prefrence. The grippiest shaft I ever owned was the Louisville Rubber. I'm sure it helped my shot but I didn't like how much friction was involved in handling the puck. I want to be able to slide my hands easially up and down which the shaft definatly hindered.

A long answer, but that's probably the best one I can think of.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Toonces said:
Gripe? I'll assume this was a typo and you meant grip.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you would want a grippier shaft? Perhaps to most efficiantly transfer power when you shoot? I imagine more grip would allow for less stregnth "squeezing" the shaft on a shot since the stick would in theory be easier to hold through the use of less force. This would allow for more force to be put on a shot. Further, there would be less "slippage" on a shot which one would normally have to compensate for even if only fractions of milimeters. This could effect velocity, accuracy, ect.

While that may be the scientific explanation, I'm not entirely sure it's not just a matter of personal prefrence. The grippiest shaft I ever owned was the Louisville Rubber. I'm sure it helped my shot but I didn't like how much friction was involved in handling the puck. I want to be able to slide my hands easially up and down which the shaft definatly hindered.

A long answer, but that's probably the best one I can think of.
I see your point dude.

PACaptain

Jul 4, 2005
Road to the Repeat
I would say no grip but its just a personal choice. I think it allows for more versatility and I just never liked the grip sticks. Like I said its more of a personal choice.

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
grip sucks it will wear off in like a 2 months (if the stick doens't break before that) just go with the non grip

coyotesfan92

Dec 21, 2005
i broke my sl grip the first time i used it. i wasnt even doing anything. then my teammate broke his about 1 month after he got it. I used the warrenty to get a synergy st instead. it is working pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->