Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I think Rangers sweep. Unless Lindgren stands on his head and steals 3 games and Ovy scores 2 goals a game, I just cant see Washington winning one game. They just dont have the offense.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I think Rangers sweep. Unless Lindgren stands on his head and steals 3 games and Ovy scores 2 goals a game, I just cant see Washington winning one game. They just dont have the offense.
Caps beat Rangers twice this season. Obviously Rangers are better but it’s not like they are some unbeatable juggernaut.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What does that even mean? Skjei played like a dumb ass after his rookie year in New York when he had like 35 secondary assists playing primarily the Hayes/Miller/Grabner line. That and Beukeboom who was his whisperer leaving caused him to think he was Bobby Orr. It didn't go well.
He does the same bit for Skjei that Jovo does for Kravtsov.

• Haha
Reactions: Roo Returns

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
What does that even mean? Skjei played like a dumb ass after his rookie year in New York when he had like 35 secondary assists playing primarily the Hayes/Miller/Grabner line. That and Beukeboom who was his whisperer leaving caused him to think he was Bobby Orr. It didn't go well.

They probably won't be on the ice much together. And Rempe Smash!
Rempe is a punching bag.

Wilson KO'd Oleksiak who is just as big and a better fighter than Rempe.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Wilson about to go nuts

Svechnikov about to knock Barzal into the $2 seats at UBS
Caps rolling into this series with wads of house money falling out of our pockets.

If the roles were reversed and we were the Presidents Trophy winner and some gritty Rangers with dumb luck had stumbled into the last wild card spot, I'd be terrified right now.

Can assure you, we are not terrified.

The funny thing about people that talk about house money is they always find a way to give it back..

Reactions: Captain Lindy

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
LMAO this guy is the most anti-NYR poster on the website. Lindgren is the X factor while the Vezina winner across from him who had a historic 2022 run isn't an X factor. your series is going to be ALOT longer I guarantee it buddy

Tbf, I asked that in my post too. I saw Lindgren had really good stats v NYR this year but Shesty shouldn't be a worry thus he's not a x-factor. NYR's x-factor is Zibanejad or Panarin after last year's playoffs for NYR.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Caps rolling into this series with wads of house money falling out of our pockets.

If the roles were reversed and we were the Presidents Trophy winner and some gritty Rangers with dumb luck had stumbled into the last wild card spot, I'd be terrified right now.

I mean this shit happened in 2012 and it went 7 but that Rangers team didn't have the star talent that this one has. Pretty sure the reverse that you alluded to happened in 2013. This one has legit game breakers, this issue is how they show up 5v5 and who blinks first of doing something really stupid between Rempe and Wilson

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I haven't forgotten 1986 or 2015. May Lindgren be our Vanbiesbrouck.
Caps got the Rangers back for 1986 in 1990 with no Leetch and in 1991 when the Rangers had depth issues from a one legged Kissio and trading Kevin Miller. 1986 was interesting because Beezer was the best goalie that year outside of a rookie Roy playing on a mediocre dysfunctional blue collar team decided to play for each other for a few months, and then the Caps had some bad injuries (Carpenter wasn't right from what I remember and you had that Swedish forward with the hyphenated name who was really good and missed a lot of time. I was too young to remember much but met Beezer in the summer of 1991 and he talked a lot about that series, plus MSG re-aired the 1986 playoffs during the 2004 lockout).

This series should be like a reverse 2011, but if the Rangers pull their usual making things more complicated than it ought to be, a reverse 2009 is more likely.

Reactions: Btlegend082

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

They probably won't be on the ice much together. And Rempe Smash!
Skjei single-handedly kept the series against Ottawa in 2017 from being a total joke while Marc Staal was an active saboteur any second he was on the ice. Skjei was constantly gazzzzzzed because there was no defensive depth and he had to play for 2 of the biggest clown coaches in recent decades. Alain “should be sent to Siberia for crimes against the people” Vigneault and Dave dumbf*** duckface pos Quinn.

Legitimately, those two coaches set the rangers back decades. I love nyc, but they lost out on a dynasty because of those two. Imagine if y’all had skjei-fox today… they’d make leetch-zubov look like two corpses on the ice.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rangers in 4

If it’s any consolation, I would have picked Rangers in 4 over Detroit also.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Skjei single-handedly kept the series against Ottawa in 2017 from being a total joke while Marc Staal was an active saboteur any second he was on the ice. Skjei was constantly gazzzzzzed because there was no defensive depth and he had to play for 2 of the biggest clown coaches in recent decades.

Imagine if y’all had skjei-fox today… they’d make leetch-zubov look like two corpses on the ice.
He was very good his full rookie year. Then Beuk didnt want to coach anymore and he tried to be Bobby Orr. I changed my username to Skjeikspeare for a few years because it became a comedy and tragedy when he was on the ice from fall of 2017-2020.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't know what to say if this series is even close. I'm saying Rangers in 4, maybe 5 if the Caps manage to bore them to death for a game like they have to other teams recently

I'm happy for Ovi but damn watching paint dry is more entertaining than that team. Somehow it got them into a playoff spot though, so credit where credit is due. Looking at the point totals on their team and it makes you wonder how they managed to score enough to get by with only 3 guys above 35 points. Only 2 of them forwards

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He was very good his full rookie year. Then Beuk didnt want to coach anymore and he tried to be Bobby Orr. I changed my username to Skjeikspeare for a few years because it became a comedy and tragedy when he was on the ice from fall of 2017-2020.
Do ya blame him? Legitimately he had to carry the rags so hard he was nearly broken goods before Carolina liberated his sexy mr. Universe ass.

The only tragedy were the two expired rejects behind the bench. He’s a goddamn beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad