Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.4%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 303 20.5%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 434 29.3%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 257 17.4%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 39 2.6%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 193 13.0%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 139 9.4%

• Total voters

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
toughest matchup possible for the leafs. I don't expect them to come out on top but hope the core 4 prove me wrong.

Reactions: Czechboy

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The Panthers spent the last month and a half sandbagging to get the Leafs. Boston just wanted them more. Given the history between those teams, I don't blame them.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Leafs lucky to get the Bruins. They got would have gotten WRECKED against Florida, as last game showed.

"We want Boston" is a smarter chant.

Will be a close one.
Leafs went even on the season series with Florida... Boston has kicked our shit in for 2 seasons straight. One meaningless game (for the Leafs) with a few top 6 players out trying to do nothing more than get Matthews his 70th isn't indicative of anything.

Florida series would be more volatile and annoying, but Boston could sweep the Leafs while averaging like 2 goals per game. Leafs don't thrive in games with slim margins for error, and Boston will create that environment every night.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Leafs went even on the season series with Florida... Boston has kicked our shit in for 2 seasons straight. One meaningless game (for the Leafs) with a few top 6 players out trying to do nothing more than get Matthews his 70th isn't indicative of anything.

Florida series would be more volatile and annoying, but Boston could sweep the Leafs while averaging like 2 goals per game. Leafs don't thrive in games with slim margins for error, and Boston will create that environment every night.
Leafs have a big advantage in talent upfront vs Boston.

Boston has the better D and the better goalies. I agree defense wins championships, but I feel Toronto still matches wayyy better against Boston than Florida.

If Bobrovsky is on his game, another win in 5 would have been in the cards against Toronto. Florida just knows how to push Toronto out of their game.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
As a fan of neither team, I kinda want to hear it. If the Bruins win he is going to be over the top, even for him, obnoxious.
I despise Jack Edwards as an announcer and find a way to switch feeds whenever i can if hes calling the game... but I'd abaolutely love to tune into a broadcast that features Edwards and Bowen if they can be in the same room for an entire game. :popcorn:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Leafs have a big advantage in talent upfront vs Boston.

Boston has the better D and the better goalies. I agree defense wins championships, but I feel Toronto still matches wayyy better against Boston than Florida.

If Bobrovsky is on his game, another win in 5 would have been in the cards against Toronto. Florida just knows how to push Toronto out of their game.
If the Leafs had matched up with Florida in round 1 they would've been done. Getting Boston instead at the last minute changes everything and now this is a close one

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The Panthers spent the last month and a half sandbagging to get the Leafs. Boston just wanted them more. Given the history between those teams, I don't blame them.
So after 'sandbagging' for 'the last month and a half' they decided last night to change course and no longer 'sandbag'?

Solid theory.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
So after 'sandbagging' for 'the last month and a half' they decided last night to change course and no longer 'sandbag'?

Solid theory.

Gotta tune up for the playoffs. I don't think there's any team in the league that would prefer to face Vasilevsky in a best of 7 series over Samsonov and Woll. Boston Bruins knew what they were doing.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Boston in 7. Toronto goes up 3-1 only to lose game 7 and one defenseman is on the ice for all 5 goals against leading to a meltdown by the fanbase.

• Haha
Reactions: BTP

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Gotta tune up for the playoffs. I don't think there's any team in the league that would prefer to face Vasilevsky in a best of 7 series over Samsonov and Woll.
.and yet by your logic that's what Florida chose after 'sandbagging' to play the Leafs 'for a month and a half'.

Again, solid theory.

Reactions: 1specter and Pi

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
.and yet by your logic that's what Florida chose after 'sandbagging' to play the Leafs 'for a month and a half'.

Again, solid theory.

Yep, thanks, I agree. Given the choice between facing a hot Tampa team with maybe the best goaltender on the planet, OR playing a soft Leafs team with a potato between the pipes (see: last night's game), I think any honest person would choose the latter.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Gotta tune up for the playoffs. I don't think there's any team in the league that would prefer to face Vasilevsky in a best of 7 series over Samsonov and Woll. Boston Bruins knew what they were doing.

Leafs would definitely choose Vasilevskiy. Dude is downright average or below average against Toronto.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yep, thanks, I agree. Given the choice between facing a hot Tampa team with maybe the best goaltender on the planet, OR playing a soft Leafs team with a potato between the pipes (see: last night's game), I think any honest person would choose the latter.
Nice back track from the previous idiocy. :thumbu:
Good luck with Tampa.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Avs Jets having 14 pages and this having 9 pages is...unexpected.
That thread was made on Saturday, whereas this thread was made less than 12 hours ago lol. We will pass them sooner than later
Boston in 7. Toronto goes up 3-1 only to lose game 7 and one defenseman is on the ice for all 5 goals against leading to a meltdown by the fanbase.
Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad