Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.4%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 302 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 434 29.4%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 257 17.4%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 39 2.6%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 193 13.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 139 9.4%

• Total voters

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Generally the problem is the refs put away their whistles for one team leading to some pretty lopsided penalty differentials

Either call everything or nothing. Don’t pick and choose when to call stuff based on the scores in the game.
I think Toronto and Bruins fans would absolutely agree that Florida got away with a bunch in the playoffs last season. At least until they played Vegas.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Its very weird seeing so many posters in the Bruins board with a lack of confidence. You guys are 6-0 against us in the past 6 games lol. Are those concerns in your "Series Talk" thread fake news?
We’re confused about what Bruins team will show up, the ones that look like they can beat anyone, or the ones that seemed to blow a lead in the final minutes of the game a ton of times this year. Most of us thought we might be squeezing into the playoffs this year, so the 109 points was a big surprise, so we don’t know what to expect.

Reactions: xStanleyCupsFor

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Even in series losses - last year's Florida matchup the exception - the Leafs do manage to at least make it interesting.

But I'm going against all common sense and saying this year they'll break the Bruins curse and win in dramatic fashion in game 7 (for example, blowing a 3rd period lead but somehow managing to win anyway). There's no logical basis for this prediction but with such low expectations maybe the Leafs use that to their advantage this time?

Reactions: Czechboy

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Evenly matched teams outside of goaltending, which is probably the difference. Hope I'm wrong.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
As a Canadian Bruins fan . Watching our suppose it National sports stations , which in reality are the (Toronto sports network) and (Toronto sports net ). After the Bruin's eliminate the Leaf's . Makes for great viewing

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatass

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Leafs will steamroll the Bruins in 4-5 games.

Another where I hope to be dead wrong.

Reactions: PGW

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I told my 6 year old daughter when the game v Florida was 2-0 last night that if we lose we will play the bruins.

She said ‘dad, I want them to lose’

I said, ‘me too sweetie’

After the second period I told her ‘Boston lost on purpose, the leafs saw the score and tanked threw second period’

“The Leafs want Boston too”

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I sort of like Bruins fans, weirdly, despite loathing that team.

Have to think both clubs are feeling pressure this year, as neither have had any recent post-season success of note. Boston will be the heavy favourites.

I think there's a bit less chutzpah about the Leafs this year, which may be a good thing. I suspect the new general manager is going into this series with a sober outlook. This series is a test for this current group, perhaps their final exam. It's sort of fitting that it's against Boston.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
A series that sounds like it will be great, will likely be remembered as being great, but can feel unbearable to watch in real time if history repeats itself… Should be a good one.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
The Leafs have poor goaltending and aren't very physical. Unless the Bruins choke hard on applesauce, this is a pretty good matchup for them, and I like their chances going into round 2 against the mangled corpse of whichever team survives the BoF.
If you think leafs aren’t very physical then you have clearly never watched them play a game in your life and your opinion is irrelevant LOL.

I agree goalies suck but u have no idea what you’re yapping about

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Leafs in 5.

I don't see this year's Leafs as a pushover. If they get even competitive goaltending, then I think they'll overpower Boston. The scoring talent is too good, and the depth actually does something.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Honestly looking forward to this more than Florida. Plus Tampa-Florida is going to be a sick series from a neutral viewpoint.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I think Toronto and Bruins fans would absolutely agree that Florida got away with a bunch in the playoffs last season. At least until they played Vegas.
Honestly it's a very tricky line that the Leafs are yet to be able to find. When the Leafs played soft under Dubas, I think they expected more PPs because they didn't engage physically or with the extra curricular stuff. That didn't work.

When I've seen the Leafs play mean, nasty playoff type hockey (which isn't too often) under the new GM, the refs are all over them. It turns into a special teams night and the Leafs struggle when the game isn't 5 on 5.

They lose a lot of guys to suspensions in the playoffs so I'm not sure what the best plan of attack is for them. Soft or nasty?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad