Early season sloppy play

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Took a look at our alarming give-aways Ober the first 5GP...

We have 67 GV ...that is 13.4//game...Compare to last season at just 9.463 per game...A whopping increase if the trend continues...it projects tp 1098.8 for 82 GP compared to only 776 last season...Obviously this must be reduced ir we are in big trouble ..

We have only 36 take-aways thru 5 games ...so our TK-GV differential thru 5GP is -31...project that for 82 games and you get a season TK-GV of -508.4 ...compated to last season's differential of just -175...The goal of course is to have more take-aways than give-aways but even if it should be negative like ladt season,you cannot be so bad as to be almost 3 times as worse as last season in this differential...

Yes we have a very early and small sample ..but unless these indicators drastically improve,we are not going g to contend for anything. YOU cannot tempt fate by such sloppy play on give-aways at this rate.And as for take-aways we need a combination of more speed more battle and more effort.

These poor giveaway/takeaway statsa reflection on Q ..can he fix the issues and motivate better battle better focus better.. and effort at least ..as for speed ..Schmaltz will help but we need a lot more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Loin

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Q can be blamed for a few things but not for poirvibdivatorsxare.

I tried to convince HF50 not to be so critical this early but he just can't resist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooh

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OK I fixed the typo...sorry ..I am not blaming Q ..just asking him to Fix these issues

Again only 5GP but the TK-GV stats are alarming. ..Only 2 other teams have played 5 games but one should note that STL has only 30 give'aways and has 22 Take-aways ...they have negative differential...but close.

PITT has only 42 Give-aways..

I posted we had 67. .I stand corrected ...even Worse. .according to NHL.com we have actually 69 gove'aways to lead the league so far in that dept. But not even close to the only other 2 teams with 5GP. ..STL have 39 fewer give-aeays than us in their 5 games played !!! PITT has 27 fewer give ways than us in their 5 games played. NOBODY can argue this is not a huge problem for us if the trend continues at this pace ..if we give the puck aeay so much we cannot keep possesion...if we do not taken it back mirevthan we give it away we are in really deep trouble cause we cannot get it back once we give it away. .These are stark truths and Q simply must fix this problem.If he cannot increase out take-aways at least reduce the crazy ,unprecedented sloppy play we are generating from way way way too many gove-aways. WE are not just a few give-aways over nornal NHL expectation for give-aways . ..we are inventing new heights in give-aways hardly ever seen recently at the professed competence expected by an NHL team.It has to be reduced .

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But a competent co-ordinate $6.8 million 1stvoairvd'man never falls down trying to get to a puck or to check ...

SEABROOK however is neither competent nor co-ordinated anymore..so he falls on the ice ...Instead of a normal good D-man sticking to Zucker like glue or taking the pass from Toews on his feet without falling. .we get Keystone cop laughs. INCOMPETENCE pur abd simple. ..blame Toews if you want but if Seabrook stays on his feet and is quick enough we get that pass or he stays on Zucker and never allows him to enter with te puck .In any break-down you might Blane mirevthan 2 fault guy..but incompetence in not being able to execute remaining upright instead flat on your back from no hit has to trump the poor pass as a PRIME fault cause of that goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad