Early Season CHL PLAYER OF THE YEAR Favorites?

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Who are the early season favorites to take the CHL PLAYER OF THE YEAR?

I know that Peter Mueller and Leland Irving have had breakout starts with #1 ranked Everett. Claude Giroux has some sick #'s in the Q. As does Gagner, Kane, and Little in the OHL.

Who Else????:dunno:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If Leland Irving keeps going the way he's going, he's going to demolish pretty much every CHL goaltending record this year, and I think that would have to make him the favourite.

That said, he's helped greatly by the team he's on and probably isn't the best player in the CHL, but if a goalie could win 40-50 games with a GAA below 1.50, that's hard to turn down.

Bégin is the bestest*

Claude Giroux, François Bouchard, Brad Marchand, Mathieu Carle, Jonathan Bernier, Ben Maxwell, Corey Price, Sergei Kostyistyn.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's awfully early but here's a short list:

Giroux, Perreault, Trukhno, Gagner, Ryder, Little, Burki, Hanzal, and Irving.

I'd lean towards Irving at this point.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He is rated to go #1 at this time in the draft, and doesn`t get a ton of ink, but living in Halifax, I have seen Jakub Voracek of the Mooseheads is one of the most complete juniors I have seen in years, and that includes many years in Ottawa watching Kilrea develope solid kids. He is quick, has a rocket for a shot, plays very hard at all times, and most impressive, very disciplined positionally for a kid his age. If he continues developing the way he seems to be, he could be in for an excellent NHL career.

Andrew in Halifax

Samshow

Aug 4, 2006
Ontario
gagne and kane are definetly lighting up the o and they are both considered rookies so one of them definetly have a good shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad