Early Christmas gift to Rich Nash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

12 goals, 19 points in 19 games. He has also been the main reason that Columbus has been winning games lately.

He deserved a spot on the team.

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
wildone26 said:
He dominated in the Swiss league, well how does the Swiss league translate into NHL-caliber hockey, or Olympic-level hockey and demonstrate
your progress in that level in a conclusive way?

Big Joe dominated the Swiss League, Rick Nash didn't. Don't get me wrong, he's been a great player here, but you can't say he dominated.
Both Big Joe and Rick Nash had no defense duties, the Swiss players like Reto von Arx made that "dirty" work. So there's no way to translate those performances to the NHL or Olympic level.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
wildone26 said:
I simply dont believe he has shown the ability to lead teams to victory,

yeah well, guys like Sakic certainly do know a thing or two about leading teams to victory. Noone is asking Nash to lead the team, that's what they picked all those veterans for.

jacketracket*

missinthejets said:
yeah well, guys like Sakic certainly do know a thing or two about leading teams to victory. Noone is asking Nash to lead the team, that's what they picked all those veterans for.
Hey ... keep that under your hat!

Don't you know that we're holding Rick Nash to standards that we don't expect of others on the Canadian team?

jimotis

Dec 23, 2005
i never followed the kid when he played in london. but since his arrival in columbus hes been an "aww shucks" team guy. in interviews hes given credit to his teammate for his move in shoot outs. and to say that hes anything less than a dynamic player is flat out silly.

mytor4*

futurcorerock said:
Actually let's turn this around...

Canada, Merry Christmas... you have on your roster a player who is a consistent goal-scoring threat when healthy: Winning the Rocket Richard trophy in only his second year. You have someone who single-handedly dominated the World Championships earlier this year, and had you not run into the tourny's hottest goaltender in Tomas Vokoun, you would've captured gold.

Seriously, what's with the Rick Nash hate? Canada rewards veterans, Rick Nash is an international veteran. Sidney Crosby, Jason Spezza, and Eric Staal have nothing on him right now. GET OVER IT

you quote spezza and staal have nothing on nash RIGHT NOW. well i beg to differ.
player gp g a tp +-
staal 47 30 31 61 0
spezza 33 14 37 51 +21
nash 21 12 7 19 -2
next time when you state something please at least have the facts to back it up . you said RIGHT NOW and guess what both these players own nash RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:

falcor

Jul 30, 2005
www.wetalk.tv
both of those players also had full training camps. plenty of time to figure out who they play best with and create that all important chemistry.

spezza owns staal when it comes to +/-. but is that indicative of his own play, or his team's? spezza also owns staal when it comes to assist per game. once again, though, is that because of his own play, or his team's?

put nash in either staal's or spezza's skates, and i guarantee his points go up. the bluejackets as individuals aren't bad, but as a team, they aren't quite there yet. seems you guys are bashing nash because of the team he plays on rather than his individual talents(which you would really have to be blind to not see).

there are a few 'other' players on team canada that you could(and quite frankly, im not sure why you aren't)argue against better than nash.

mytor4*

falcor said:
both of those players also had full training camps. plenty of time to figure out who they play best with and create that all important chemistry.

spezza owns staal when it comes to +/-. but is that indicative of his own play, or his team's? spezza also owns staal when it comes to assist per game. once again, though, is that because of his own play, or his team's?

put nash in either staal's or spezza's skates, and i guarantee his points go up. the bluejackets as individuals aren't bad, but as a team, they aren't quite there yet. seems you guys are bashing nash because of the team he plays on rather than his individual talents(which you would really have to be blind to not see).

there are a few 'other' players on team canada that you could(and quite frankly, im not sure why you aren't)argue against better than nash.

excuses,excuses. the stats point out that as of RIGHT NOW read RIGHT NOW. staal and spezza owns nash. all the excuses ,crying,etc... won't change the facts.maybe next yr nash comes out on top.but for now we're talking RIGHT NOW it staal and spezza so suck it up.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
mytor4 said:
excuses,excuses. the stats point out that as of RIGHT NOW read RIGHT NOW. staal and spezza owns nash. all the excuses ,crying,etc... won't change the facts.maybe next yr nash comes out on top.but for now we're talking RIGHT NOW it staal and spezza so suck it up.

Nice un-logic.

Right now, as in how they're performing RIGHT NOW, or based on stats from the whole season (most of which Nash didn't play)?

Staal and Spezza have more points? Duh. They've played more games.

Their plus/minus is better? Duh. Look at their teams.

Since Nash came back from injury, he's been just as good as Staal and Spezza.

If we were picking the all-star game, then yes, seasonal stats are a big issue. But if Rick Nash is healthy and performing well RIGHT NOW, then his prior injuries are irrelevant when picking a team Canada that will play in THE FUTURE.

It's basic common sense.

mytor4*

arrbez said:
Nice un-logic.

Right now, as in how they're performing RIGHT NOW, or based on stats from the whole season (most of which Nash didn't play)?

Staal and Spezza have more points? Duh. They've played more games.

Their plus/minus is better? Duh. Look at their teams.

Since Nash came back from injury, he's been just as good as Staal and Spezza.

If we were picking the all-star game, then yes, seasonal stats are a big issue. But if Rick Nash is healthy and performing well RIGHT NOW, then his prior injuries are irrelevant when picking a team Canada that will play in THE FUTURE.

It's basic common sense.

ok we will go your way. some have more pts because they have played more games. another excuess but at least a better one. let crack that one too.lets compare pts per game average.
staal====1.29
spezza===1.54
nash====.90
now to add insult to injury lets see what that would give us if they all played a full season under there current pace.
staal====108 pts
spezza===129pts
nash====75pts hehe
the funny thing is over a course of a full season nash would be on pace for 48 goals but still only a total of 75 pts. look above at these stats and tell me you would pick nash over the other two.
also under these stats staal would be on pace for 53 goals ans spezza would have more assist[94] alone than nash has pts.
so now please take off your sunglasses and look at the facts. this is not last yr or next yr. it.s this yr and yes staal and spezza both own nash as of -yes read it RIGHT NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

jacketracket*

mytor4 said:
the funny thing is over a course of a full season nash would be on pace for 48 goals but still only a total of 75 pts. look above at these stats and tell me you would pick nash over the other two.
also under these stats staal would be on pace for 53 goals ans spezza would have more assist[94] alone than nash has pts.
so now please take off your sunglasses and look at the facts. this is not last yr or next yr. it.s this yr and yes staal and spezza both own nash as of -yes read it RIGHT NOW!
Did Gretzky get your memo about this, before Nash was selected?

Doesn't matter who is going to out-point who, or who plays on a team where they practically could score without getting out of bed --- Nash was chosen, and he's showing why, now.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
mytor4 said:
ok we will go your way. some have more pts because they have played more games. another excuess but at least a better one. let crack that one too.lets compare pts per game average.
staal====1.29
spezza===1.54
nash====.90
now to add insult to injury lets see what that would give us if they all played a full season under there current pace.
staal====108 pts
spezza===129pts
nash====75pts hehe

Spezza and Staal are both centers.

/argument

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Well, considering the depth of Canada at each position.

I'd take Nash over Spezza and possibly Staal on Canada's team myself.

All those stats are irrelevant considering what happen to Nash this year.

Spezza is a very nice player but he does not bring what Nash can bring. And considering Lecavalier, Sakic, Thornton, + at center, Spezza doesnt bring much to this team right now. He will in a few years.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Anksun said:
Well, considering the depth of Canada at each position.

I'd take Nash over Spezza and possibly Staal on Canada's team myself.

All those stats are irrelevant considering what happen to Nash this year.

Spezza is a very nice player but he does not bring what Nash can bring. And considering Lecavalier, Sakic, Thornton, + at center, Spezza doesnt bring much to this team right now. He will in a few years.

well picture this. Ottawa plays Toronto 8 times.. Spezza Alfy and Heats get 10 points against them in those games..

8X10=80 points... no wonder he has so many points... He plays Toronto all the time...

P.S. I'm a leaf fan... so I can poke fun ;)

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
mytor4 said:
staal====1.29
spezza===1.54
nash====.90
staal====108 pts
spezza===129pts
nash====75pts hehe

RIGHT NOW .... Nash is on the team and those guys aren't, so :p:

Nash wins. Quote stats until you're blue in the face (please, please do this). Nash is on the team .... wait for it.... it's coming ..... let me find the right words for it .....

RIGHT NOW!!!!!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nash is very one dimensional....but that dimension is scoring goal and he is one of the very best at it so he is on the team.

There are others than can do what Spezza and Staal do but better so they are not on the team.

Simple as that :dunno:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
caniacgirl12 said:
I have never thought Nash as a player that was not worthy of the hype he was given.

I am *seriously* not trying to be mean here, but put him on a team with incredible wingers (which Columbus doesn't have) and he will be lethal.

He has been battling a knee injury this year, but who does he have to back him up or help him?

Well, he is a WINGER to begin with, and he has a pretty solid tandem on the ice with him every shift. A future hall of fame center(Fedorov) and the leading scorer on the team playing opposite wing(Zherdev).

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Nordique said:
Well, he is a WINGER to begin with, and he has a pretty solid tandem on the ice with him every shift. A future hall of fame center(Fedorov) and the leading scorer on the team playing opposite wing(Zherdev).

Since Nash came back on december 17th

Zherdev's PPG has jumped from .50 to .84. His plus/minus was -14 at the time, and has been -1 since

Fedorov's PPG has jumped from .31 to .82.

Hell, it could be coincidence... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->