EA has officially given up on Battlefield 2042 - Now available for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate owners

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The problem with this game is the maps are so insanely big that it's got the vibe of a Battle Royale but you're marketing it to fans of normal shooters. Battlefield 1 and 5 are far better because you don't need to wander around for several minutes just to find something to shoot.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The problem with this game is the maps are so insanely big that it's got the vibe of a Battle Royale but you're marketing it to fans of normal shooters. Battlefield 1 and 5 are far better because you don't need to wander around for several minutes just to find something to shoot.
That and they released WAY before it was ready…again. This is EA’s Rep.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Battlefield needs to be completely taken away from what is left of DICE Stockholm. I hope Zampella can turn it around because their production pipeline for the last few games has been a complete shitshow on top of garbage ass design decisions.

I cannot believe how far this franchise has fallen.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
I have no first-hand experience in the gaming industry, so I'm not sure exactly where responsibility of this falls, but it seems abundantly clear that the games in these franchises are released FAR too early (BF1, BF4 and BF5 had similar, crappy launches. Though BF2042 was far worse). I'm not sure if its unrealistic internal deadlines, poor leadership, wonky work distribution or something else going on there. I'm inclined to believe EA is directly involved since seemingly everything they touch turns to crap.

The game is playable now (similar to prior releases) with updated game mechanics, map reworks, etc. However, this is all stuff that should have been in the game come launch. Instead it was released at about a 50% finished state without a basic stats system or voice chat and was a buggy mess.

Reactions: JBeast

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
EA has a rep for quite a while now for releasing games WAY before they’re ready (Anthem, Star Wars Battlefront, this game, etc).

I’m never pre ordering an EA game ever again. Nor should anyone else.

Reactions: JBeast

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Not only to they rush out games but they also punish studios that under perform by either cutting their budget or outright killing the studio. They represent everything that is wrong with the industry.

Reactions: Dolemite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad