E3 2018 - Conferences start June 9th - Full Schedule in Post #1

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm itching to see Cyberpunk 2077 stuff, and would love to see some Dragon Age 4 personally...

I'd be interested in seeing something on the previously announced Age of Empires 4, if that train is still going.

I'm also still somewhat interested in Anthem, despite the recent causes for lowered expectations from EA/BioWare.

And finally, Pokemon Switch has the potential to make me switch to Switch.....switch?

Other than that, I'm hoping for a few surprise gems to pique my interest.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
What I hope to see:

Red Dead Redemption 2 - gameplay, ideally both single player and an overview of how the online system will work.

Cyberpunk 2077 - either a detailed trailer giving us a decent idea of the storyline, or some gameplay would be nice.

Halo 6 - trailer reveal, it's been a while since Halo 5 was released.

Smash Bros Switch - gameplay footage.

Elder Scrolls 6 - trailer reveal.

Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I'm itching to see Cyberpunk 2077 stuff, and would love to see some Dragon Age 4 personally...

I'd be interested in seeing something on the previously announced Age of Empires 4, if that train is still going.

I'm also still somewhat interested in Anthem, despite the recent causes for lowered expectations from EA/BioWare.

And finally, Pokemon Switch has the potential to make me switch to Switch.....switch?

Other than that, I'm hoping for a few surprise gems to pique my interest.

Don't think we'll see anything from DA until after Anthem is released. While they're probably working on DA4 at least a little bit, the bulk of the DA team will be currently on Anthem.

Cyberpunk 2077 would be cool. Been hyped for it since Witcher 3 hinted the Ciri visited the Cyberpunk world for a few months.

They better show off Age of Empires 4. No excuse not to.

I don't have much faith in Nintendo making a compelling console Pokémon game. Stadium and Coliseum were fun but they were the best and even then they're nothing special.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Fallout 4 VR for PlayStation is about the only thing I care about this year. So it won’t happen.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Sounds like we'll see Cyberpunk for sure, which is super exciting. It also sounds like we'll see Starfield (Bethesda's next open world RPG).

Elder Scrolls 6 isn't happening anytime soon. They consider ESO the current iteration of Elder Scrolls and they don't want anything competing with that.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Sounds like we'll see Cyberpunk for sure, which is super exciting. It also sounds like we'll see Starfield (Bethesda's next open world RPG).

Elder Scrolls 6 isn't happening anytime soon. They consider ESO the current iteration of Elder Scrolls and they don't want anything competing with that.

They are still working on the Skyrim port for Smartwatches, mobile devices, and Thermostats.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well we're about a month away from E3, and news is starting to heat up. The Walmart Canada thing last week seems to have kickstarted the discussion.

What are you looking to see at E3 this year?

I want info on Borderlands 3, the FFVII remake, and the PS5 (a rough release date would be nice).
Not holding my breath on the FF7 Re-make news. The project has been a disaster by all accounts so far.

Some things I've like to see at E3:

- Red Dead gameplay.
- A promising looking AAA game that doesn't push micro-transactions.
- Any information regarding a new Elder Scrolls game.
- Any information on GTA6 (highly unlikely, as Rockstar is too cool for E3)
- A single player game from a fresh franchise.

-More VR support among various consoles.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I could never get into 9. I dunno why. Almost every other FF I have beaten multiple times. A 6 remake would be awesome.
To me, 9 has always felt like an all-encompassing love-letter to all the other ones, and the one that is done with the most polish and perhaps balance as a result of that, but it's also not as memorable and timeless as the best ones, standing on its own. I like everything about it, but feel that something extra is missing. VII is kind of the opposite of IX, as there are tons of flaws and is a very rough/messy game, but the magic is definitely there.

VI is the only one that I would legitimately consider a masterpiece, personally. Something about the mood and feel of IV puts it in contention for me as well.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Randy Pitchford says no Borderlands at E3.

Randy Pitchford also enjoys lying, so who knows.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
In the article that you linked:
[Update: According to the Lifestream user who posted the transcript, the lengthy timeline jab was made in jest. We're still waiting on Square Enix's comment.]

On a positive note, apparently Nobuo Uematsu is onboard now.

Both of those are good. I would hope that they weren't being serious with the 5 years thing. Phew.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
While there are a ton of games I really want to see more of, like Borderlands 3 and possibly gameplay of Death Stranding, I really want Nintendo to announce a new f***ing handheld system. The 3DS really is getting long in the tooth.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
While there are a ton of games I really want to see more of, like Borderlands 3 and possibly gameplay of Death Stranding, I really want Nintendo to announce a new ****ing handheld system. The 3DS really is getting long in the tooth.

They already have two other handheld systems, though.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

This is the real downside to many MMOs, including The Old Republic and WoW - in a way, they kill epic franchises.

As much as I loved World of Warcraft (and that was a LOT), I've wanted Warcraft 4 for a long time...

Finally seeing what Starfield is would be awesome, though.

They are still working on the Skyrim port for Smartwatches, mobile devices, and Thermostats.

I'm waiting for the interconnectivity patch.

I want to be playing Skyrim on my PC, switch it to my phone to walk to the kitchen, and then play on my fridge while cooking.

I'd probably save a lot of money on pizza bills.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They already have two other handheld systems, though.
There's room for a 4DS.

To me, 9 has always felt like an all-encompassing love-letter to all the other ones, and the one that is done with the most polish and perhaps balance as a result of that, but it's also not as memorable and timeless as the best ones, standing on its own. I like everything about it, but feel that something extra is missing. VII is kind of the opposite of IX, as there are tons of flaws and is a very rough/messy game, but the magic is definitely there.

VI is the only one that I would legitimately consider a masterpiece, personally. Something about the mood and feel of IV puts it in contention for me as well.
If 9 has a failing it's lack of character development for about half the cast. But the music is great, the battles are fun and the game is broken while still being challenging.

Also your avatar rocks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad