E3 2018 - Conferences start June 9th - Full Schedule in Post #1

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
People have been thinking Tenchu/Otogi/Kuon just because the teaser trailer had Japanese calligraphy in it. I dunno, the only one of their franchises they've ever said that they want to re-visit is Armored Core, so whatever the new thing is could just as easily be another new IP.

But also an Armored Core Souls-like would be amazing and they should be doing that instead.

From my understanding, not first hand, is that that shadows die twice quote was from the original Tenchu. And that's the link.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
As long as World of Warcraft is alive and kicking, I doubt we'll get to see a WC4. Unfortunately.

At this point I'd settle for a remastered Warcraft series like they did with Starcraft....but seeing as they retconned a bunch of it, I don't know if they'd do that either.

I'd happily take a Starcraft 3, but I wonder what they'd do with it. Legacy of the Void had a certain finality to it.

I think I remember hearing somwthing about a remastered WC3 on the way? Maybe im mis-remembering though. I'd certainly buy it.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
In before Microsoft announces the STALKER2 Kickstarter at their press conference.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Saw something about Rocksteady having a gameplay reveal during Sony’s show. That would excite me, new Batman or rumoured Superman game would be an instant buy.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
EA running ads for the ANTHEM trailer, wouldn't be surprised to see a release date reveal at e3

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I am extremely reserved with Anthem. Especially with the fear they may still go full **** and ruin it with loot boxes and also pull a Mass Effect Andromeda where it was just half baked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
A lot of people say that the old guard is gone but that's not completely true. The old guard has been coming and going the past couple years, especially at the top. That said, I believe Andromeda was an all new group while anthem was being worked on by the vets.

Speaking of which, outside of Andromeda, what was the other game that BioWare made that sucked? Seems like that game just singlehandedly erased their reputation, was it that bad?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Speaking of which, outside of Andromeda, what was the other game that BioWare made that sucked? Seems like that game just singlehandedly erased their reputation, was it that bad?

Their reputation has been sliding since 2011. That's when they released Dragon Age II, which was a big disappointment to many. Later that year, they released Star Wars: The Old Republic (the MMO), which was pretty good, but was short on content and didn't end up being the success or WoW killer that people expected. Next came Mass Effect 3, which (rightly or wrongly) angered a lot of people with its ending. After that came Dragon Age: Inquisition, which was somewhat like Andromeda in that it wasn't bad, but not remarkable or typical of BioWare quality. Basically, they haven't developed a true hit without disappointment or controversy since Mass Effect 2 eight years ago. They really need Anthem to break that streak.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I played and beat both DA2 and DA:I. I enjoyed them each for what they were but neither were like Origins. DA2 didn't really have much of a roleplaying effect to it and was more straight action. That's another reason why people here disappointed with it. On it's own it's an ok game but Origins set a standard.

There seems to be a lot of pressure on Bioware after what happened with Andromeda and Visceral. There has been speculation that if anthem doesn't succeed EA could put them on the chopping block as well.

Which for me would be a nightmare as the Mass Effect series is my favorite series of all time. I really like the Dragon Age series as well as KOTOR. They were a can't miss first day purchase studio. Now under EA it's more wait and see what they're forced to put into their games. Although I am holding out hope. The delay for me was actually a pleasant surprise. With how rushed out Andromeda was it seems like they're giving Bioware the time they need.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Well last year was really disappointing crossing my fingers for a better E3. Curious to see if we will see any footage of Cyberpunk 2077. Or if Bethesda does have a new IP in the works can't say I am hyped for a new fallout not that Fallout 4 was bad but I think they are moving in the wrong direction. They need to emulate NV or even older Fallout 3 I feel they have really cut down on the actual RPG aspect of Fallout.

Also can't wait to see any news and info on the new Age of Empires only issue is that it isn't on steam or GOG and instead through the Windows store. I might cave in one day Age of Empires is one of those classic video game franchises for me.

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I am extremely reserved with Anthem. Especially with the fear they may still go full **** and ruin it with loot boxes and also pull a Mass Effect Andromeda where it was just half baked.
Andromeda had their C team on the game, and it showed. At least Anthem has their top dogs on it that worked on the original trilogy. Can't see EA pulling a lot of loot-box crap after the recent few months they just went through; they'll be some micro transactions but we'll see how bad they really are. I'm cautiously optimistic about Anthem and they'll be releasing a lot of stuff in the next week.
The stories and rumors of EA fudge blasting what was the great name of Bioware.
True, there's still a lot of talent left at Bioware. They need Anthem to be a success or that could be the end of Bioware.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Andromeda had their C team on the game, and it showed. At least Anthem has their top dogs on it that worked on the original trilogy. Can't see EA pulling a lot of loot-box crap after the recent few months they just went through; they'll be some micro transactions but we'll see how bad they really are. I'm cautiously optimistic about Anthem and they'll be releasing a lot of stuff in the next week.

True, there's still a lot of talent left at Bioware. They need Anthem to be a success or that could be the end of Bioware.

Please no.

I need more Mass Effect/Dragon Age in my life.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Lets not keep repeating this nonsense that Bioware is do-or-die with Anthem. We already went over this back when someone brought it up months ago. It makes zero business sense to shutter Bioware, given how much money is invested in them, how big a teams they have, and how significant they are to EAs portfolio. The chances of Anthem bombing so hard that it losses hundreds of millions of dollars are virtually nill, even if its a Destiny clone. They are of magnitudes larger than any studio EA has shuttered, and almost certain rather than being closed they would break off and find a new publisher.

There’s offering your opinion on video games then there is making business commentary. There is one that the majority of people on these boards are not qualified to offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->