E.J Hradek on 4 Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
If they sign the new CBA tomorrow they need to start the season March 1st. They can't put the fans through this and then say "yeah we got a deal and we will see you next October". Thats B.S.

mooseOAK*

From what I have read there are a lot of fans who don't want a season either. The owners have to take that into account, although a lot of those same people will still watch hockey anyway.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wally112pac said:
I don't see the Hawks finishin bottom 5 if there is a season.

Brown, Barnaby and Cullimore would not have been signed if that was the plan.
You think that Barnaby, Brown and Cullimore are going to turn around the franchise or salvage a season.

Only ruutu can do that. And he ain`t ready yet.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
mooseOAK said:
From what I have read there are a lot of fans who don't want a season either.

Thats Bull.

People are just saying that because they are sick of whats been going on.

Doesn't mean they won't watch hockey this year when it really comes back.

Old Hickory

Any NHL hockey is good for the NHL at this point. The damage to be revenues will be far less in the future if there is a season. Even if it is 20 games

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
espion said:
You think that Barnaby, Brown and Cullimore are going to turn around the franchise or salvage a season.

Only ruutu can do that. And he ain`t ready yet.

They're not goin to turn the Hawks into a contender. But i didn't say that.

They'll keep them from gettin a top 5 pick and maybe get them into the playoffs.

A healthy Thibault helps too.

mooseOAK*

McDonald19 said:
Thats Bull.

People are just saying that because they are sick of whats been going on.

Doesn't mean they won't watch hockey this year when it really comes back.
A lot of people will mean it and a lot won't watch as much and spend as much as before.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Crows said:
Chicago won't go anywhere. No matter the economic system.

They shouldn't move the team, no question about that. It's too bad they can't force the owner to sell it though...

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
John Flyers Fan said:
Reported the same N.Y meeting as everyone else. Also spoke about the possibility that deal would get done, but they still wouldn't play this year, and just get everything ready for next year (doubtful).

Came out and said that that he's hear from a few sources in the Blackhawks organization that they absolutely do not want to play hockey this year.

Considering the Hawks haven't played anything close to something resembling Hockey for several years now, this shouldn't be a problem.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Wally112pac said:
They're not goin to turn the Hawks into a contender. But i didn't say that.

They'll keep them from gettin a top 5 pick and maybe get them into the playoffs.

A healthy Thibault helps too.

Do you guys realize what you are doing? You are talking about Hockey! Not about the CBA and which leader is more of an idiot than the other, but actual hockey.

I had forgotten what it looked like...Thank you.

WAZ

Feb 18, 2005
I was a Hawks fan for 10 years, but this is why I moved on. I still support them and would like to see them do well, but with things like this and comments like "Chicago fans shouldn't expect a Stanley Cup any time soon; they cost too much," it's been clear for a long time that Wirtz & Co. could give a crap about the fans, winning, or even the sport itself. It's all about the cash -- oh, and upping prices while taking home games off TV. :banghead: He has to be one of the worst owners in all of sports...

But it's okay. For the past couple years I've grown accustomed to the Flyers. With Roenick, Amonte, Zhamnov, Weinrich, Hackett... I had quite the Blackhawks Relocation Team to root for anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad