Dynamo Moscow 2017/18 - The Reports of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Manchester united has ~550 million euros debt in theory, the real question is how much money has to be paid NOW and can't be paid. In MU case it's 0 and in Dynamo's it's definitely a fraction of that number.

My hometown team survived a similar thing went the banker who owned Žalgiris Kaunas ran away to Russia after his bank went bankrupt. And even in that situation, they somehow managed to get out of it without looking this bad after restructuring debt.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Well Manchester united has ~550 million euros debt in theory, the real question is how much money has to be paid NOW and can't be paid. In MU case it's 0 and in Dynamo's it's definitely a fraction of that number.

My hometown team survived a similar thing went the banker who owned Žalgiris Kaunas ran away to Russia after his bank went bankrupt. And even in that situation, they somehow managed to get out of it without looking this bad after restructuring debt.

Football money is definitely of another caliber, I'm not aware of how things are in basketball though. For Dynamo I think the whole budget for 2017/2018 is somewhere under 25m USD, so losing around half of it at the season's start would be quite sensitive.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
That is my point, it's extremely unlikely, impossible really, that Dynamo has to pay 11 mils to someone right NOW. They owe that in total meaning that they could pay off their debts in 3 years without even taking a big hit competitively.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
That is my point, it's extremely unlikely, impossible really, that Dynamo has to pay 11 mils to someone right NOW. They owe that in total meaning that they could pay off their debts in 3 years without even taking a big hit competitively.

If I understood correctly, that 11.5m $ is the salary part of the debt, so it had to be paid now.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If I understood correctly, that 11.5m $ is the salary part of the debt, so it had to be paid now.

The infamous list of 30 best paid KHL players featured 0 players from Dynamo and the cut off point was 1 mil dollars. So I will work under the assumption nobody on Dynamo was paid more than 1 mil a year. At the same time, 11.5 mil divided by 20 (the size of active KHL roster) is very competitive KHL salary of 575k per year. Meaning if they indeed have that much debt of owed salary they hadn't been paying salaries to their whole team for a year. Now that doesn't seem right, does it? That number just can't be that big.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
The infamous list of 30 best paid KHL players featured 0 players from Dynamo and the cut off point was 1 mil dollars. So I will work under the assumption nobody on Dynamo was paid more than 1 mil a year. At the same time, 11.5 mil divided by 20 (the size of active KHL roster) is very competitive KHL salary of 575k per year. Meaning if they indeed have that much debt of owed salary they hadn't been paying salaries to their whole team for a year. Now that doesn't seem right, does it? That number just can't be that big.

It's a salary debt not only for KHL players, but for everyone under contract (KHL, VHL, MHL) and I think including teams' staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->