Injury Report: Dylan McIlrath "out a couple weeks" per NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Sucks for McI but if Staal was going to be back anytime soon he wasnt going to see much playing time anyway :(

Hopefully he can heal up nicely and provide some good depth for the playoffs

member 116805

That sucks...
Does anyone know if it is the same knee he messed up before and had him out a long time?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That sucks...
Does anyone know if it is the same knee he messed up before and had him out a long time?

I just asked Zipay, and he said it's not. Believe it was mentioned earlier, but I just double checked.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm already excited about next season. My hope is that we have Brady and Dylan as our 5/6 dmen and that we have Buchnevich at forward. That would be pretty fun to watch.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Excited about next season ?? This season isnt even over. Next year is even more of an unknown quantity. what's got you so jazzed about the 2016-17 campaign ? AV doesnt play mcilrath and Brady looked very good last night but doesnt have a track record yet as a pro over a long period of time to make me exude anticipation of next year.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I suspect very strongly that AV is going to want to get Dylan in at least 2 or 3 games before the playoffs. He's going to want all his players ready and in game shape.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I suspect very strongly that AV is going to want to get Dylan in at least 2 or 3 games before the playoffs. He's going to want all his players ready and in game shape.

Everything AV has done indicates to me he has no desire to play Dylan in the playoffs.

Badko

Jan 9, 2007
Excited about next season ?? This season isnt even over. Next year is even more of an unknown quantity. what's got you so jazzed about the 2016-17 campaign ? AV doesnt play mcilrath and Brady looked very good last night but doesnt have a track record yet as a pro over a long period of time to make me exude anticipation of next year.

Every party has a pooper....

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Everything AV has done indicates to me he has no desire to play Dylan in the playoffs.

He might not want him in his top 6 but he needs Dylan to be ready anyway. If Boyle starts blowing up or someone gets hurt he's going to need McIlrath as an option. Skjei will probably be another option but Skjei will be in Hartford getting plenty of minutes so he should be in game shape. If the Rangers go far into the postseason I expect they are going to have injuries here and there---any coaching staff figuring on their team making a run should plan ahead for such contingencies---your spare players need to be ready to step in--you have to have them prepped---you want them to understand their roles and you don't want to have any doubt that they're ready to go.

To not get a healthy McIlrath into the lineup before the season ends would be absolutely stupid--and I suspect if nothing else McIlrath will be playing the final games of the season if the Rangers are locked into their place in the standings.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He might not want him in his top 6 but he needs Dylan to be ready anyway. If Boyle starts blowing up or someone gets hurt he's going to need McIlrath as an option. Skjei will probably be another option but Skjei will be in Hartford getting plenty of minutes so he should be in game shape. If the Rangers go far into the postseason I expect they are going to have injuries here and there---any coaching staff figuring on their team making a run should plan ahead for such contingencies---your spare players need to be ready to step in--you have to have them prepped---you want them to understand their roles and you don't want to have any doubt that they're ready to go.

To not get a healthy McIlrath into the lineup before the season ends would be absolutely stupid--and I suspect if nothing else McIlrath will be playing the final games of the season if the Rangers are locked into their place in the standings.

Boyle has been garbage all year and McIlrath is still not seeing any consistent playing time over him. This is unfortunately fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->