Dylan Larkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Weren't they 1st at one point for suppressing the dangerous/high scoring shots against?

Not sure... but right now they are 7th best in that stat so it's certainly possible.

The biggest problem with this team right now is generating shots and offense...which doesn't make sense because the defensemen are jumping up into the play and creating scoring chances more than they ever have before. You'd think with the defensemen taking more risks by jumping up into the play they would near the bottom of the league in shots against and high danger scoring chances against but that's not the case....they are near the top.

Suppressing shots and scoring chances against hasn't been the problem this year. Not saying you said it was, I just went off on a tangent haha.

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Apr 7, 2014
Not sure... but right now they are 7th best in that stat so it's certainly possible.

The biggest problem with this team right now is generating shots and offense...which doesn't make sense because the defensemen are jumping up into the play and creating scoring chances more than they ever have before. You'd think with the defensemen taking more risks by jumping up into the play they would near the bottom of the league in shots against and high danger scoring chances against but that's not the case....they are near the top.

Suppressing shots and scoring chances against hasn't been the problem this year. Not saying you said it was, I just went off on a tangent haha.

Yeah, it's the same old song and dance for us fans. "Passeritis" or "toocuteitis". I don't understand the bipolar nature of this team anymore.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If I did the math right, Larkin now finished a half a season leading the entire league in +/-

Curious when the last time was, if ever, a rookie ended the season leading all NHLers in +/-. Or what the highest +/- for a rookie was. This is no longer the days of dominant 5-on-5 play or dynasties, so it probably doesn't come close, but could be the best in the past few decades.

Looks like Wheeler was +36 as a rookie but Boston had 8 guys that were +20 or better that year.

Larkin +24....Next highest teammate: +8.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
steve larmer was +44 on his rookie season, highest for forward i think, though not very close to leading the league that season. al sims was +64 on his rookie season. though his D partner was + 84, certain bobby orr. ray bourque was + 52, 3rd in the league on his rookie season, league leader was +60.

palat came pretty close to leading the league in +/- two seasons ago. finished +32, krejci was best with +39.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->