Dylan Larkin looks good so far

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Game in an game out he's leading our Offense. He's always the guy making zone entries, cycling the puck, creating defensive turnovers to break us out of our zone, etc. His development has shocked me and has been glorious to watch. I'm still not sold on his skill but he can definitely be an effective top 6 200ft center.

i guess this makes the season a success, if larkin played like last year this organisation wouldn't even have the sense of orientation neccesary for heading into a direction^^ . He's very consistent as well, which after 30 games, makes you think he might have found his groove as a center.

Reactions: mantha39

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
We have a poor team with possibly the poorest transition game in the league and Larkin is still on pace for low-level 1C/high-level 2C offensive production while also being a great PKer and a 200 ft player. I see a lot of people taking his play for granted lately. He seems to be a real student of the game.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I've always had things I didn't like about him, but if he keeps it up, in the midst of things hitting bottom the way they are, and likely being a seller at the deadline again, he's making a good case for himself as the next captain.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We have a poor team with possibly the poorest transition game in the league and Larkin is still on pace for low-level 1C/high-level 2C offensive production while also being a great PKer and a 200 ft player. I see a lot of people taking his play for granted lately. He seems to be a real student of the game.
Most important thing about his play so far is just how many chances he's creating. His production is good.. but if he keeps playing like this it's going to get better. He won't shoot 6% his whole career nor will his on-ice sh% be this low.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Yeah, continue to like what I have seen from him this year. He's passing the eye test for me. If he doesn't end up a #1 center, think he will be a high end #2 center similar to Ryan Kesler.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
One of the best games I've watched from d boss. Made the Barclays his dungeon tonight

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
5 points away from matching his last year production. He has already matched his rookie season in assists, he already has 7 more assists than last year. Goalscoring is down this year however.

It's almost like he went back to the dungeon and practiced passes all summer with his bud instead of snipping.

His SH% is at 6% so he'll likely start scoring a few more goals as the season progresses. I was abit cautious at the beggining of the season with predictions but as of right now i fully expect him to hit the 60 point mark this year with 15-20 goals, while playing a above average 200 foot game and PK. A thing to keep in mind is that this is his first year as a full time center so he is still adjusting.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He has been the best player on the ice several times already this month in my opinion and that isn't just on our team I mean the whole game.

Really happy with his season this year, at this point I am not worried about him keeping it up.

Reactions: Winger98

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
His SH% is at 6% so he'll likely start scoring a few more goals as the season progresses.
I recall 3 or 4 chances this year that went off the post. Think he had one tonight and another against Toronto, more recently. The puck isn't going in but he's still getting great scoring chances.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I recall 3 or 4 chances this year that went off the post. Think he had one tonight and another against Toronto, more recently. The puck isn't going in but he's still getting great scoring chances.
He had a ripper that nearly went top cheddar on the penatly kill last night, but the goalies best friend made a quality save.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015

Exactly, I'm sure that there will come a small stretch this season where seemingly everything goes in which will balance his scoring.

All in all, he is showing great promise and is looking like one of the best players out of the 2014 draft.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Any predictions on his contract if A.) he continues on pace B.) he drops slightly in pace but continues hard work with 200ft game and good PK?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Any predictions on his contract if A.) he continues on pace B.) he drops slightly in pace but continues hard work with 200ft game and good PK?

I'd give 1 million for every 10 pts he scores, long term and rounded down

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'd give 1 million for every 10 pts he scores, long term and rounded down
Easily. If he hits 60 points while continuing to play defense, I'd be very surprised if it's less than $7M AAV, for at least 5 years. Does anybody have recent comparables handy?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Easily. If he hits 60 points while continuing to play defense, I'd be very surprised if it's less than $7M AAV, for at least 5 years. Does anybody have recent comparables handy?
Mark Scheifele signed a 8x6.125 at 23 after put up 61 points in 71 games. His first 2 years he put up 34 in 63 in his rookie year and 49 in 82 his sophmore year.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014

I think if Detroit wants to sign him long term now then you are looking at $6.5M+ IMO. Hes on pace for about 65 points or so, showing he can become a great two-way player, learning despite Trashill etc. Only flaw right now is he is not putting up goals. For what top end talent earns now a days I see $6M+ as a starting point for a 5-8 year deal.

Mark Scheifele - Jets. Signed for $6.1M after hitting 61 points during his last year.

David Pastrnak - Bruins. Signed for $6.6M after hitting 70 points during his last year on entry contract.

Alexander Wennberg - CBJ. Signed for $4.9M after hitting 59 points

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
I think if Detroit wants to sign him long term now then you are looking at $6.5M+ IMO. Hes on pace for about 65 points or so, showing he can become a great two-way player, learning despite Trashill etc. Only flaw right now is he is not putting up goals. For what top end talent earns now a days I see $6M+ as a starting point for a 5-8 year deal.

Mark Scheifele - Jets. Signed for $6.1M after hitting 61 points during his last year.

David Pastrnak - Bruins. Signed for $6.6M after hitting 70 points during his last year on entry contract.

Alexander Wennberg - CBJ. Signed for $4.9M after hitting 59 points

Wennberg is actually the best comparable - but he got a team-friendly deal.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Great data from all those who just posted. Thanks!

I'll slightly amend my number then, and expect Larkin's new deal (assuming this pace continues) to be somewhere in the $6.5-7M AAV range, for 5-7 years.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Would love 8 years at 5.5 I just don’t see the wings going 6.5-7 per on a long term they don’t have the cap. If they don’t go long term I think it’ll be a bridge something like 2-3 years at 3-4 million per

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
what an awesome game by larkin, really glad it showed on the scoresheet. His puckflip to ericson on the first goal was great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad