Dustin Slade

therobman27

Jun 29, 2003
Portland, OR
Visit site
langdak said:
Name your 10-15 guys then

I am very interested to see your list

Im curious to know who you think Slade is a superior prospect than of the solid crop of developing goalies in the WHL at the current time? Because the list of goalies who are 19 or 20 who put up good to great numbers only to play in the ECHL are a lot higher than the number of undrafted goalies with one great year of junior that turn out to be NHL goalies. Also, with the growing number of both college goalies and European goalies taking NHL roster spots the oppurtunities for goalies like Slade are ever shrinking. Not to mention again, he is small, and not a gamebreaker, he did a good job of stopping the shots he was supposed to stop, but also often in the games I saw looked shaky with his rebound control, and if not for great defense clearing the rebounds his numbers wouldnt be near as amazing. I am just asking this to see what people think, who do you see as a better prospect, World Junior champion Jeff Glass or Dustin Slade?

Biggsy

Mar 5, 2006
Rutland/Kelowna
How can you break records in the WHL, absolutely shut down teams in the WHL playoffs, lead your team to the memorial cup, and not even be drafted. You'd think a team would want to take a chance on a goalie that has obviously proven himself. Whoever signs him will be very lucky.

Yeah well Kelly Guard did stuff like that here in Kelowna and hes not doin much Professionaly

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
All I got to say is I'm happy he'll be back with Vancouver next year. Another year of dominance and he'll sign a good contract with an NHL team.

therobman27

Jun 29, 2003
Portland, OR
Visit site
All I got to say is I'm happy he'll be back with Vancouver next year. Another year of dominance and he'll sign a good contract with an NHL team.

What makes u think he will sign a good NHL contract? He didnt dominate, his team did. He'll more than likely be offered a free agent tryout with someone and possibly play for a team's ECHL affiliate. As he is not better than most team's goalies at the AHL level. Maybe if he wins the Giants a Memorial Cup by standing on his head things might be different, but until that happens do not assume he is on his way to a "good contract" if he gets offered a contract at any level, it will be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad