Duncan wins Hobey Baker

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
TSN lists him on the web-site at 5'8'', Bob MacKenzie mentioned last night that he was 5'6'', so does HockeyDB. Think anyone will draft him, or pick him up as a free agent....even Martin St. Luois is 5foot 9.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
TSN lists him on the web-site at 5'8'', Bob MacKenzie mentioned last night that he was 5'6'', so does HockeyDB. Think anyone will draft him, or pick him up as a free agent....even Martin St. Luois is 5foot 9.

He's an '85 birthdate, so his draft-day has come and gone. However, in the new NHL he'll likely get signed as a free agent despite his size. He's a great talent.

Another product of the Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL) - way to go :handclap:

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
How Ryan Duncan won the Hobey Baker over T.J. Hensick blows my mind. Hensick had 12 more points in 2 less games played and didn't have the benefit of playing with two first rounders all year (Toews and Oshie) We'll see how good Duncan is next year when Toews and Oshie sign.

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
How Ryan Duncan won the Hobey Baker over T.J. Hensick blows my mind. Hensick had 12 more points in 2 less games played and didn't have the benefit of playing with two first rounders all year (Toews and Oshie) We'll see how good Duncan is next year when Toews and Oshie sign.
Wrong math and wrong year friend.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Here are the numbers, friend:

TJ Hensick 41GP 23G 46A 69PTS

Ryan Duncan 43GP 31G 26A 57PTS

These are the stats for the 2006-2007 season. Please explain the "wrong math and the wrong year" because 69 - 57 = 12 and 43 - 41 = 2

You must have graduated from North Dakota, friend

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
The reason Hensick didn't win it is because there is way more to the award than point production. The 10 minute major against UND showed he didn't have the attitude the award called for. However, even though he seemed to have a bad attitude all year, had he not gotten that 10 minute major against UND, i think he would have gotten into the Hat Trick.

Now, in addition, Spectacular_Bid, you have to remember that the Hobey Baker criteria isnt just point production and on-ice performance. It includes the aforementioned attitude, community involvement, and academic performance.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
The reason Hensick didn't win it is because there is way more to the award than point production. The 10 minute major against UND showed he didn't have the attitude the award called for. However, even though he seemed to have a bad attitude all year, had he not gotten that 10 minute major against UND, i think he would have gotten into the Hat Trick.

Now, in addition, Spectacular_Bid, you have to remember that the Hobey Baker criteria isnt just point production and on-ice performance. It includes the aforementioned attitude, community involvement, and academic performance.

I agree. The Hobey Baker award isn't just about point production. However, while Hensick did take a stupid 10 min misconduct against the Sioux, his attitude for the rest of the season was great. In seasons past Hensick was known to pout and take nights off if things weren't going his way. He didn't do that at all this season and really grew as a player. I think that off ice criteria should be taken into account but lets be honest, the Hobey Baker award goes to college hockeys best player not the best student or community leader.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It's probably in Henisck's best interest (professionally) that he didn't win the Hobey. It's a harbinger of doom!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad