Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Homer Pick: Ballard
Honest Answer: Haven't watched Keith enough to warrant an opinion. :sarcasm:

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
I like Ballard alot! Then again I'm a coyotes fan:D I don't want to be a homer or nothing but Ballard gives it his all every night, absolutely destroys players with his hipcheck, throws star players off their game, has a pretty nice offensive game, and is quickly becoming a fan favorite. Wayne Gretzky has stated that Ballard will be a star in this league. With that said, I like Keith alot as well. He always impresses me every time the yotes play the hawks.

The Big E

Oct 5, 2005
Minneapolis
Ballard has developed a nasty side that I haven't seen in Duncan Keith ... not that the Hawks get much TV coverage. Against the Wild Keith totally plastered former Goofer teammate Wyatt Smith with a pretty dirty check. As a Wild fan I was <sardonic>incensed! How dare he!</sardonic> As a Minnesotan, I'm glad to see Keith becoming a top-ranked D-men and means streaks seem to be a rarity. I realize that the 'Yotes suck, but Keith seems to be playing pretty well.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
As a Hawk fans I would rather have Ballard. If we must trade one of our big three young defensemen (Seabrook, Keith or Barker), I want it to be Keith. His head and his hands just can`t keep up to his feet.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ballard.

The kid is small by all accounts and plays like hes 7ft tall. He will scrap with anyone and already has thrown down with the likes of Iginla and LeCavalier.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Ballard, and IMO, it's not even close. Maybe it's because I've seen a lot of Ballard, but from what I have seen of Keith, he's been rather unimpressive.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
The Ballard/Perry fight is awesome. It's great how he sizes him up before the fight by crouching uber low.Good Stuff.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I think Ballard is a future all star in the NHL. I also think he is going to become a top 10 defenseman in the NHL.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Duncan Keith has some kind of a wind endurance that is almost unheard of...something that they've compared to Lance Armstrong.

I think that you get what you pay for, Duncan Keith is going to be a steady defenseman who can play 25 quality minutes, but I think that Keith Ballard will be a horse, somewhat in the mold of Adam Foote?

Ballard for me.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Ballard by a fairly large margin for me. Keith's a smooth skater, and a smart player, but Ballard just brings everything.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think Ballard is a future all star in the NHL. I also think he is going to become a top 10 defenseman in the NHL.

I would tend to agree, although my thought is that we just think this way because everytime Phoenix plays the Canucks, Ballard is awesome.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
I would tend to agree, although my thought is that we just think this way because everytime Phoenix plays the Canucks, Ballard is awesome.

Yeah Ballard is an absolute beast against the Canucks. Scored his first ever goal against them in first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad