Waived: Dumont placed on waivers: Picked up by Tampa Feb 21

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My understanding is that he was immediately assigned to the AHL and didn't need to clear again because it was the team that originally lost him that picked him back up, at least, that's what they were saying on the radio.

That's true... forgot about that little nuance. He'd be a good player to have on your AHL squad

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
So Tampa claimed him back and the Sens save about $150k which is exactly the balance of McCormick's NHL salary. Good move!
Dumont is undersized, underweight, not particularly a good puck control player and not offensively productive so I never understood the pickup by the Sens or the love from Tampa.

Even with Dumont gone the problem for McCormick is that Ryan is coming back so he may end up in Belleville in a few days barring some other moves.

Reactions: Tundraman

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dumont is undersized, underweight, not particularly a good puck control player and not offensively productive so I never understood the pickup by the Sens or the love from Tampa.

Even with Dumont gone the problem for McCormick is that Ryan is coming back so he may end up in Belleville in a few days barring some other moves.

TDL is Monday .. I expect at least one move before then.. we'll see

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
So if Chicago waives Dido, we take him back and all is right in the world?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So if Chicago waives Dido, we take him back and all is right in the world?
Did Chicago call Dido up to their NHL team. He cleared waivers before the trade so ... unless he is up for a stint he would not need to clear again

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
C’mon. Did that really happen?

Indeed it did I was invited only after complaining about the prices and owner but turned it down as im an adult and don't need auto's and the last time they did it, it was a debacle where they had fans waiting 1.5 hours on family day in Bert's bar while the team was getting shredded by the Coach in the locker room (think it was Cameron at the time)...they rolled out Methot, Dzingle, Weircioch and Lazar....I think this time it was Wideman, Dumont and Chabot judging by the twitter photos...from my experiences the big boys aka the players the fans actually wanna meet never do this. There could be many reasons for it so I don't necessarily put it on the org but yeah not a good look imo.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
My understanding is that he was immediately assigned to the AHL and didn't need to clear again because it was the team that originally lost him that picked him back up, at least, that's what they were saying on the radio.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I have been generally happy with his play,and I think we have a good bottom 6 player in him
Yes true he's NHL ready. McCormick has to keep playing a fast aggressive fore check like he has been doing and he'll be fine. He's very strong on the puck but I just hope he avoids fighting out of his weight class as much as possible next year he's not afraid of anyone.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
he is on a two way contract next year doesnt really matter either way

I know that, but there was a tremendous amount of bitching about Dumont around here. I just figured everyone who didn’t know that would be happy he was gone.

Like you say, it doesn’t matter because he would have been in Belleville next year anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->