Dumont paying early dividends

HFNHL Red Wings

While there has much bemoaning of the teams offensive production, or lack thereof, by the GM, no one can suggest newly acquired J.P. Dumont has not delivered.

In his first 3 games he has averaged 2 points per game and the 6 points matchs his 7 game total while with the Kings. More impressively, the PP, which had previously gone 2 for 30 (including 1 SHG against) for a 6.7% conversion rate, has seemed revitalized with his presence and has gone 3 for 7 for a 42.9% conversion rate since his arrival.

Though he has been playing on the 3rd line he was seen practicing with the top lines and may get promoted as early as tomorrow against the Capitals.

HFNHL Red Wings

Update:

Despite being shut down Sunday by the Av’s where Dumont went pointless and was a –3 it has been in impressive start for Dumont. Saturday against the Leafs, Dumont had a 6 point game (3 goals and 3 helpers) and is currently tied for the league lead in goals with 10.

In his first 7 games with the Wings he has 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points compared to his 6 points in 7 games while with the Kings.

HFNHL Red Wings

bah...he's getting knocked out tonight

We're ready for you Dryden, we owe you some payback for those first two meetings of the season :groucho:

BTW I sent you a trade offer if you could please respond.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]                            TEAM GP   G   A   P +/- PIM PP SH GW GT   HT    S  PCTG GS PS
L 29  J-P Dumont            DET   8   7  12  19  10   2  1  0  1  1   24   24  29.2  1  1
                            LAK   7   4   2   6   1   0  2  0  2  0   10   21  19.0  0  0
                            TOT  15  11  14  25  11   2  3  0  3  1   24   45  24.4  1  1[/FONT]

What is going on with Dumont?? 7G, 19P in 8 GP with the Wings... I don't remember ever seeing a hot streak like that in my 10 years invovled in FHL/HLS2 sim leagues.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Interesting too that the sim doesn't include his hits with LA in his total. 24 hits with DET, 10 with LA, yet 24 HT total... must be that "new math" :dunno:

HFNHL Red Wings

I don't know what to tell you Sean but I thank my lucky stars for it since no one else on my team seems to be able to contribute regularly to the offense.

In truth 10 of those 19 points came in only 2 games (6 vs. Leafs and 4vs. Hawks) but that 3rd line has found some magical chemistry. The explosion actually began when Parrish was demoted to the 3rd line due to lack of production and since then the two have formed a strong duo. Usually it's a centre and winger that form a partnership but so far it looks like the two wingers are working well together.

Unfortunately the injury to Straka will likely require some line shuffling that will may result in the line being temporarily broken up. I guess we'll get to see if Dumont can keep it up with different linemates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad