Duff88's 2007 NHL Mock Draft

Duff88

May 7, 2002
It's not original anymore as there have been so many as of now, but I post it every year so I may as well do it again this year. I'm not particularly proud of it, but anyway:

You can also access my Top 100 and Cup's excellent draft guide on the same website.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Excellent work. You put alot of thought and work into this and it shows.

From a NYR fan's perspective though - if our first 2 picks are Sutter and Aliu I will kill someone. Sutter is exactly like every other forward prospect we have and Aliu is too far in the opposite direction (plus has had problems with Staal on Sudbury - I think, don't quote me)

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
It's not original anymore as there have been so many as of now, but I post it every year so I may as well do it again this year. I'm not particularly proud of it, but anyway:

You can also access my Top 100 and Cup's excellent draft guide on the same website.

Au contraire, Mr Duff88. I think it's quite orginal. Especially in the second round, as that round usually is a bit 'off consensus'. Haven't seen Kessel, Reul and especially not Brendan Smith that high before.

In the first round, Hamill to Boston. Like it. Many people say they're not gonna pick a center because of Savard,
Bergeron, Kessel etc. At #8. you go BPA, no matter what!! Who knows what Boston's center-depth is gonna be in 3-4 years when Hamill is ready?

It's also well known on these boards how much work you and Cup put into the draft, so any mock from either will, atleast for me, be considered a bit more 'serious', than mocks from someone never even heard of before.

Edit: For the Avs, wouldn't mind Ruth over Ross. And Torquato should be around 30 picks higher.....

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
AWESOME first day for Phoenix. I'd say JvR, Mayorov, and Patches would go a LOOONG way in shoring up our lack of scoring LW prospect depth. All three are big kids who can really skate, too, which is EXACTLY what Phoenix looks for at the draft. I'll be so thrilled if this is what Phoenix ends up with on Friday.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Very good mock draft.

I could definally see the Bruins taking Hamil and I for one would be very happy if they did.

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Edit: For the Avs, wouldn't mind Ruth over Ross. And Torquato should be around 30 picks higher.....
I've wondered quite a bit if whatever happened in Saginaw will have any impact on Torquato's draft position. Some Devils fans really ripped into Matt Corrente (Devs prospect) since he was one of the defendants, even though no one really knows what happened. I'm just curious to see if that incident will affect where he goes in the draft.

Not that I'm saying that's why he's lower in Duff's mock (obviously, I have no clue), it's just something I've pondered lately.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As a Habs fan, I'd be disappointed with that outcome. I like Shattenkirk and Fortier, don't get me wrong. But, with Lars Eller still on the table, I'd much rather we pick him.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I've wondered quite a bit if whatever happened in Saginaw will have any impact on Torquato's draft position. Some Devils fans really ripped into Matt Corrente (Devs prospect) since he was one of the defendants, even though no one really knows what happened. I'm just curious to see if that incident will affect where he goes in the draft.

Not that I'm saying that's why he's lower in Duff's mock (obviously, I have no clue), it's just something I've pondered lately.

Oh, I didn't know this. Remember hearing something about Corrente though. What was this whole thing about?

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
http://www.wnem.com/Global/story.asp?S=5516958

http://mvn.com/nhl-devils/2007/03/02/matt-corrente-pleads-guilty/

Something involving 5 Saginaw Spirit players and a 15 year old girl. The players ended up suspended for a few games, and all eventually pled guilty to charges of misdemeanor assault and battery. If you want to read a TON of speculation (about Corrente, but I would imagine it could apply to all five), you can read through this thread on the Devils board:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=353170&highlight=Corrente

Anyways, I don't mean to drag this thread off-topic.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Ok, thanks. I wouldn't think too much about that when draft day rolls around though. I'd put it in the 'Wolski' bag. High ranked player dropped because of non-hockey incident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad