Dude! What are you doing in that uniform? Part III

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Sittler & Salming, ya, no way. Uniforms wearing them, their not wearing it....
Dennis Hull on the other hand, works. He's wearing the colors, logo with distinction.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Al "Ski's" or "Planet" Iafrate. Doesn't qualify as a defenseman who peaked early because he was good when healthy, but his knees were shot by about 27. So we'll put him here in a Sharks jersey where he played a handful of games....

5349-151Fr.jpg

Dude had one weird looking "skullet," too......
Al-Iafrate-Skullet-2.jpg

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
How about Tracy Pratt and Rene Robert finishing their careers in Toronto?

Tracy Pratt
View attachment 90233

Rene Robert
View attachment 90237

Good one. Even though Pratt was on the first-year Seals, I always associate him with the Sabres (first-year there as well) and Vancouver. But looking up his stats, was also shocked to see him have one season with the 76-77 Colorado Rockies, which I don't remember at all!
ice-hockey-colorado-rockies-defenders-tracy-pratt-and-chuck-arnason-picture-id836871800

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Good one. Even though Pratt was on the first-year Seals, I always associate him with the Sabres (first-year there as well) and Vancouver. But looking up his stats, was also shocked to see him have one season with the 76-77 Colorado Rockies, which I don't remember at all!
ice-hockey-colorado-rockies-defenders-tracy-pratt-and-chuck-arnason-picture-id836871800
Tracy was a late season addition from Colorado by The Leafs. He played fairly well I thought, for 11 games at the end of the 77 season. His plus/minus wasn't good, but that was even in the four playoff games he was in. And he was never seen again; career over at 34.

Tracy Arnold Pratt is 74 today, making us that remember him feel old! Great picture, btw SealsFan! :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: SealsFan

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Brian Leetch in Toronto and Boston still makes me ill, 15 years later. Especially the latter since he's not wearing #2.

(Let's forget for a minute that he shouldn't have been allowed to wear #2 on the Rangers in the first place... :D)

Some guys just deserve to play their career on one team. This wasn't a situation where he wanted to leave, he wanted to stay. Sather traded him regardless...on his birthday, no less.

upload_2018-1-4_10-16-29.png

upload_2018-1-4_10-16-42.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Brian Leetch in Toronto and Boston still makes me ill, 15 years later. Especially the latter since he's not wearing #2.

(Let's forget for a minute that he shouldn't have been allowed to wear #2 on the Rangers in the first place... :D)

Some guys just deserve to play their career on one team. This wasn't a situation where he wanted to leave, he wanted to stay. Sather traded him regardless...on his birthday, no less.

View attachment 91227

View attachment 91229
Leetch's Bruins tenure was so odd. He actually wasn't bad or washed up, but the rest of the team was in such disarray that he really had nothing to play for and no one decent to play with. Things were out of whack early as they traded Scatchard (who they had just signed and who was actually productive) something like 9 games into the year, apparently due to lockerroom issues, then Thornton was traded in November, followed by Samsonov at the deadline. By that point, the team was just garbage plus a 20 year old Patrice Bergeron.

Then he just disappeared. He didn't formally retire until the following off-season, he just ended up not signing any contracts and quietly went on his way.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Dave Semenko as a Leaf.......
View attachment 90713

This photo is from pre-season because Semenko never suited up for a regular season game with the Maple Leafs wearing #25.

Miroslav Inachak had #27 when Semenko came to camp with the Maple Leafs, but Inachak didn't crack the roster that year and was sent to Newmarket. Dave then switched to his traditional #27 and wore it for that entire season. So that makes this a DOUBLE dude what are you doing in that uniform post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad