Pre-Game Talk: Ducks vs Sharks - series talk

Who wins this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Good night, everyone. Tomorrow we wake to playoff mode and emotional roller coasters. Gotta wear Ducks gear. I’ve sworn off superstition this year. All of it. Wearing Ducks gear only on days they don’t play is one thing. And I’m going to watch as much of every game that I can. Sadly I work Saturday night, and will miss watching the game. I’ll have to stream it from my phone, and watch during breaks.

Pray for my skittish dog who gets scared when I yell out in either joy or anger.
You should yell at him to stop being so skittish.

Reactions: DarthYenik

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
4th line currently
Vermette Grant Brown

According to Mike Coppinger, who’s a must follow now if you’re a Ducks fan. Plus he hates Bieksa too.

About as good a 4th line as we can dress currently. I like it.

Not sure if he hates him, but he's definitely not afraid to call him or the coach out when he struggles. It's refreshing for sure.

Does that mean that Terry is out of the line up?

Yes. Terry isn't ready physically for the NHL.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Agreed, Welinski just isn't ready quite yet. As long as Bieksa plays to his limits there's no reason why he won't be an upgrade
tenor.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Stop putting Ryan Getzlaf on the point.... give lindholm a shot my lord.

Take vermette out, if your not going to use him for faceoffs... bring in a little more skill like terry/roy or kossila. At this point the kesler line is holding silf back... id consider looking at the Rakell Getzlaf Silf line, maybe Kase Henrique Terry on line 2, sharks arnt physical so its not the worst thing to load up some skill. Cogs kesler brown as line 3, and Ritchie Grant perry on line 4.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
If someone’s got Photoshop skills, I want someone to stick Carlyle’s face on that meme of Jumanji Robin Williams saying “What Year Is It”.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Put Terry for Richie then make 4th line Ritchie grant Roy

Sharks are soft as f***

Rakell Getzlaf kase
Terry henrique perry
Cogs Kesler silf
Ritchie grant Roy

Look at the balance

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
We can't score. Get Roy in.

And while I'm not saying Chimera is the answer, I'm a bit baffled as to why he's been benched for Brown and Vermette when the team had a major winning streak with him on the 4th line.

brown has been good this series. definitely better than chimera

he should be in over vermette though. like i said earlier, he's only taken like 2 faceoffs in the whole series. there's zero reason to play him if he's not going to be taking faceoffs because the guy can't do anything else

Reactions: Doothpick

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
But Chimera is old as dirt and he was playing over Vermette with Grant playing C.

RC seriously makes no sense in a lot of his lineup decisions, along with his system, and his overuse of his top lines among other things.

I guess what I am saying is he is a crappy coach who is actually hindering the team.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
brown has been good this series. definitely better than chimera

he should be in over vermette though. like i said earlier, he's only taken like 2 faceoffs in the whole series. there's zero reason to play him if he's not going to be taking faceoffs because the guy can't do anything else
I think Chimera is a far better PK player for us, and that's more important against the sharks. I'm also still not seeing the Brown love - even with our ridiculously generous stats guy, he has a grand total of 2 hits. He's less disappointing than most of the other players because of much less is expected of him, but he's generated zero offensive threat, next to zero hits, and drawn no penalties.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->