GDT: Ducks vs Predators, 5PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Well I will have to counter that Ritchie shouldn’t have gone in for the hit like that. Forsberg recognized that he was about to get smashed so he just made a play off of it. You’d be saying it was a smart move if Corey Perry did it.

But yeah, man! Would be exciting for a REAL rematch of the two teams. Until next time, and I hope we don’t meet in the playoffs. Lol
Was Wagner, but yes, he needs to be smarter than that in that type of game.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
After watching this line up, and especially the Miller and Gibson compete in games against healthy Nashville, LA and San Jose teams, I really believe this could be a special year in the playoffs for this team.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Was Wagner, but yes, he needs to be smarter than that in that type of game.

The refs also have to be smarter in that type of game... I know that's asking for a lot but if they put the whistles away then put the whistles away for both teams. Or call them both.

I also notice the Pred fans never call it a dive, they use every euphemism possible "made a play off of it" or "baiting". And that is my issue with the fan base (not that they have redneck fans or continually subject the world to the worst music ever made). They, for the most part, seem like they can't just come out and admit their teams has divers or dirty players on their team. Its just a constant deflection of "but but but Perry is SOOO MEAN". How do you even have a hockey discussion with something like that?

Reactions: DuckRogers10

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
The refs also have to be smarter in that type of game... I know that's asking for a lot but if they put the whistles away then put the whistles away for both teams. Or call them both.

I also notice the Pred fans never call it a dive, they use every euphemism possible "made a play off of it" or "baiting". And that is my issue with the fan base (not that they have redneck fans or continually subject the world to the worst music ever made). They, for the most part, seem like they can't just come out and admit their teams has divers or dirty players on their team. Its just a constant deflection of "but but but Perry is SOOO MEAN". How do you even have a hockey discussion with something like that?
Oh I completely agree, if they can't see that's a dive they have homer goggles on, but at the same time Wagner needs to be smarter. The refs being inconsistent doesn't help either

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Oh I completely agree, if they can't see that's a dive they have homer goggles on, but at the same time Wagner needs to be smarter. The refs being inconsistent doesn't help either

Oh yeah, I agree that Wagner can't give the refs an excuse to call anything. Same goes for what Ritchie did after the goal, you can't attack someone after a goal no matter what transpired before. Ducks weren't doing themselves any favors.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

You don't. Not even with the weasely ones who come here whining about our complaints, throwing their own franchise under the bus in the process, in order to look . . . reasonable, I guess.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis

How do you have a discussion with someone when they continually trash your fan base, players, etc.?
Every team has their dirty players. We don’t consider them dirty players because they don’t intentionally go tackle someone after a play. Watson is more a dirty player than Forsberg. Johansen was being an ass when he was out there and yeah Forsberg sold that hit. That’s what smart hockey players do. So what if it isn’t the cleanest? Crosby is probably one of the dirtiest in hockey, but he gets sooooo much praise.
All I’m saying is don’t be a hater, ya know?

RakAttack

Nov 9, 2017
So we know that the players in the NHL can’t participate in the Winter Olympics, but the real question is are they going to allow Forsberg to participate in the next summer olympics? Prolific diver, if allowed he will definitely bring in Michael Phelps level gold medals.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
How do you have a discussion with someone when they continually trash your fan base, players, etc.?
Every team has their dirty players. We don’t consider them dirty players because they don’t intentionally go tackle someone after a play. Watson is more a dirty player than Forsberg. Johansen was being an ass when he was out there and yeah Forsberg sold that hit. That’s what smart hockey players do. So what if it isn’t the cleanest? Crosby is probably one of the dirtiest in hockey, but he gets sooooo much praise.

Oh, I'm not hating, I'm just saying its not worth my time arguing with Pred fans anymore because they don't seem capable of being honest of their own team's indiscretions. Of course, yet, here I am arguing with a Pred fan who comes onto opposing boards under the guise of being a "cool dude" that "just wants to talk hockey" and then returns to his board to report on the level of saltiness.

And again "sold that hit", incapable of using the D word lol

Backpack

Sep 24, 2011
Baldwin Hills

Personally, I have zero respect for a team that dives as a game plan. No one here is upset about the Preds being "dirty", in fact those types of games can be the most engaging to watch. We are upset because your team flops around like a goddam seabass, consistently.

Just embrace it, man. Hold your head high and proclaim your love for the most prolific divers in the league. That's something to be proud of, right? Here, Ill help you out with a new avatar pic also:

dsc_0003_-_copy.jpg

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'd be shocked if we miss the playoffs with everyone healthy (unless we play really badly), to be honest I expect us to win the Pacific. The Pacific is by far the worst in hockey and we're only 8 points off the division lead having basically half a forward line up all season.

Reactions: ScarTroy

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Nice rivalry going with Nashville, I hope we get another shot against them in the playoffs this year (they are 3-0 so far :/ )
Ritchie attacking Fiala was damn stupid, but... I really loved the passion Ritchie put out (sounds stupid), it was the moment after, when Ritchie was going to the bench, he just RIPPED the doors on the boards, and was very clearly and visibly angry. I had never seen him so angry before, or involved in something for that matter. The team really tries their best and cares about the game. Mind you, we are basically playing without top 2 lines the last 2 games (back to back against very strong opponents) (Rakell, Getzlaf, Eaves, Kesler, Silfverberg - that is legit basically our top5).
I haven`t been this excited after a loss for a long time.

I prey to the Hockey Gods we are healthy and ready to rock and roll in the spring.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->