GDT: Ducks vs Predators, 5PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't like perry in the shootouts anymore. don't want henrique in there either, he's been pretty bad at shootouts over his career

go with the young kids like kase and roy. even throw fowler in there

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
he is a diver, everyone knows it.
Not when the Preds play the Ducks in the playoffs people don't. He had at least one significant dive in each game of our last series and I'd see so many neutral fans saying we're making stuff up with bias and whining.

I'll never get over him acting like he got shot when Bieksa whiffed a stick near (not onto) his face.

Like I was a big fan of his in his draft year but seeing the way he flops around like a FIFA diva I just can't root for him in the slightest.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Is it easy to keep on hating Nashville or what?! What an infuriating reffing and diving job that the Ducks almost won. God I hate watching that s***show what it always is against them. And did I hear right that after Flopsberg ran over Miller and the Ducks were screwed over by not calling it, the fand started chanting "ref you suck!"? I mean, they're right... but they're also idiots.

Reactions: Getzmonster

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Strong, physical game by the Ducks. Loved the effort they put in tonight, hope to see more of that going forward.

The referees obviously played a huge role in NSH winning this game as they missed an obvious call on Fiala prior to his goal, and even though that "here's my butt" play by Forsberg was disgraceful, both Wagner and the ref should know better.

Miller was terrific as usual, Flower played a great game, and Bieksa didn't Bieksa. It was also nice to see some skill on display from our forwards. Thought Perry, Kase and Roy made the game exciting to watch.

Reactions: Boogernaut

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good point, this team is looking in good shape when Kesler and Getzlaf are back it appears (as long as RC doesn't insist of wasting roster spots on enforcers). I wonder if Roy (assuming he keeps up a solid level of play) stays up on the NHL roster so we don't need to trade for another winger?

Also Forsberg diving? There's a shock. I'm just happy he decided not to throw a blindside hit this time around.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
well color me surprised we got a point. was right in assuming we were gtting hosed by the reffing again, though was glad cryjo got called on his facewash on Vermette.

forsberg, ekholm, heck the entire nashville team hopefully gets a face full of ice the next time they dive and knock a few teeth out unintentionally. its beyond embarrassing what they do, yet the refs fall for it anyway.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Nashville has surpassed LA as my least favorite team. To pull that soccer flop 5 times a game is so annoying, at least the Kings put up an honest fight. Kudo's to Manson for stepping up to fight Mcleod that was a big statement for the team.

What happened to the embellishment call the the refs loved to make a few years back, seems to have disappeared out of the league? Could have used it a few times last night.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Nvm, I'm not sure why I bother debating with Preds fans anymore. It's like talking to an anthropomorphized version of the yahoo comment section of a Trump article. They literally have the same responses to everything. Its some iteration of "dirty ducks", "oh and you guys NEVER do anything wrong" and "something something playoffs".

Reactions: Getzmonster

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Is it easy to keep on hating Nashville or what?! What an infuriating reffing and diving job that the Ducks almost won. God I hate watching that s***show what it always is against them. And did I hear right that after Flopsberg ran over Miller and the Ducks were screwed over by not calling it, the fand started chanting "ref you suck!"? I mean, they're right... but they're also idiots.

Strong, physical game by the Ducks. Loved the effort they put in tonight, hope to see more of that going forward.

The referees obviously played a huge role in NSH winning this game as they missed an obvious call on Fiala prior to his goal, and even though that "here's my butt" play by Forsberg was disgraceful, both Wagner and the ref should know better.

Miller was terrific as usual, Flower played a great game, and Bieksa didn't Bieksa. It was also nice to see some skill on display from our forwards. Thought Perry, Kase and Roy made the game exciting to watch.

Nashville is the most penalized team in the league.:sarcasm:

Nashville might be the most penalized team in the league, but what does that have to do with last night's game?

If the precedent was a love tap to Forsberg gets a two-minute penalty, then...

a. Running into the Goalie should have been called
b. Cogs getting his progress impeded without the puck should have been called for interference
c. Manson getting punched in the face after the whistle blew and after the Forsberg dive
d. The boarding call missed on Bieksa

Just because Nashville has a lot of penalties doesn't mean they won't received home ice refereeing. There obviously were two different standards in calling the game last night. But hey, whatever helps a Nashville fan sleep at night, right? You barely beat a team missing it's 1C, 2C, and 1LW. I'm okay with the point, but are you that confident in your win under that context? You did bring up that Nashville is the most penalized team. Jus' saying. I hope you're consistent in thought, otherwise, your thought process is akin to the refs in last night's game - skewed.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nashville has surpassed LA as my least favorite team. To pull that soccer flop 5 times a game is so annoying, at least the Kings put up an honest fight. Kudo's to Manson for stepping up to fight Mcleod that was a big statement for the team.

What happened to the embellishment call the the refs loved to make a few years back, seems to have disappeared out of the league? Could have used it a few times last night.
Nashville surpassed LA as my least favorite team after game 2 and will probably stay there for a long long time.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Anyway, great to have Kase back. He looks good, and he and Roy look good together. That was a fun game and they played more than well enough to win, but for a more equitably officiated game.

The problem remains the same though, and this is what I was talking about with Static. The capital T Trade has been made, the cavalry is here, and we're playing teams that we can lose to even when we play our best. We've got, I think, 4 games until all of Getz, Kesler, and Rakell are back, in which we have to at least tread water. And the trip that our guys return for is brutal, 6 games against good teams, and we have to not only keep playing well but integrate guys who've never played together and start making up ground. We need to play roughly .620 hockey from here on out to squeak in, the bulk of which are road games, and the longer it takes everyone to get comfortable, the steeper that climb gets. There is a very significant chance that we miss the playoffs this year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if we missed playoffs either...yeah we have our best players coming back but we still have bieksa and beauchemin and I already know we will have 2 enforcers in for no reason. On top of that the guys coming back haven't played in ages AND they are gonna be playing with new players.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Anyway, great to have Kase back. He looks good, and he and Roy look good together. That was a fun game and they played more than well enough to win, but for a more equitably officiated game.

The problem remains the same though, and this is what I was talking about with Static. The capital T Trade has been made, the cavalry is here, and we're playing teams that we can lose to even when we play our best. We've got, I think, 4 games until all of Getz, Kesler, and Rakell are back, in which we have to at least tread water. And the trip that our guys return for is brutal, 6 games against good teams, and we have to not only keep playing well but integrate guys who've never played together and start making up ground. We need to play roughly .620 hockey from here on out to squeak in, the bulk of which are road games, and the longer it takes everyone to get comfortable, the steeper that climb gets. There is a very significant chance that we miss the playoffs this year.
The only argument I can present to this is that this isn't something new to this core. In fact, it'll be a surprise if they aren't a top five team starting January first because every year it seems they are.

But yeah, it's a climb. Luckily our division is garbage. It's a big deal that Edmonton crapped their pants the minute expectations hit.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Okay, look, let’s not pretend like both of our teams are perfect. I never even complained about the calls when we got penalized and yeah we got away with a few but so did the Ducks. It happens, man. You guys are going to be crazy better when everyone is healthy, you stayed in the game, and almost beat us at the Bridgestone. You guys will be fine and will make the playoffs. It was an exciting game, and I love the rivalry we are developing. It’s good for us non-traditional markets.

Also, don’t hate on us as a fan base. Some of us are cool dudes and just enjoy talking hockey. Not all of us are rednecks either, or are thrilled that it’s so country-themed in Nashville.

Reactions: ScarTroy

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Okay, look, let’s not pretend like both of our teams are perfect. I never even complained about the calls when we got penalized and yeah we got away with a few but so did the Ducks. It happens, man. You guys are going to be crazy better when everyone is healthy, you stayed in the game, and almost beat us at the Bridgestone. You guys will be fine and will make the playoffs. It was an exciting game, and I love the rivalry we are developing. It’s good for us non-traditional markets.

Also, don’t hate on us as a fan base. Some of us are cool dudes and just enjoy talking hockey. Not all of us are rednecks either, or are thrilled that it’s so country-themed in Nashville.
Tense times around here, we need all the points we can get so losing the extra point on what was in most of our opinion a dive is hard for us to take. But I agree, it's nice to have another real rivalry going, makes it more fun. See you next time around, hopefully we are healthy by then!

Reactions: FierceFalcon

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Tense times around here, we need all the points we can get so losing the extra point on what was in most of our opinion a dive is hard for us to take. But I agree, it's nice to have another real rivalry going, makes it more fun. See you next time around, hopefully we are healthy by then!

Well I will have to counter that Ritchie shouldn’t have gone in for the hit like that. Forsberg recognized that he was about to get smashed so he just made a play off of it. You’d be saying it was a smart move if Corey Perry did it.

But yeah, man! Would be exciting for a REAL rematch of the two teams. Until next time, and I hope we don’t meet in the playoffs. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad