GDT: Ducks @ Stars 530pm pst, most important game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Knowing the severity of Kesler's injury/recovery and knowing that RC the relic will only have a 5 minute 4th line due to dressing Boll, Bob knew going into the season the problem we were facing. But he didn't do shit all summer to try and help anything. He gets no prize for finally swapping Vats and Theo for Henrique and Bieksa. We have a horse shit coach who's well beyond his expiration date, and a GM who is too loyal to his friend to put the team first. They can both go f*** themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Doothpick

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
On the bright side I saw some very good things from Petterson tonight. He is easily our 5th best d right now.

I put this game on the coaching. The guys did not have enough energy to play in our defensive zone for an entire two periods. I understand you want to keep short shifts but you can't do that at the sacrifice of zero forecheck and zero offensive zone time. Every time we were carrying the puck up we would dump and change.

Kesler and Perry were dead. Perry legitimately looked like a beer leaguer. Ritchie once again is invisible. just brings very little to the table while playing with 2 of our best forwards. Cogliano has looked very fast lately. His f1 forecheck has been very strong the last couple of games.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Exactly why he should be moved out in the offseason. Still has decent enough value to bring back a decent return
I wouldn't mind moving him one bit unless he has a really big post season. I'd love to see some of the young guys get a shot (steel, Terry, Jones)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What's with Montour you think? He's not standing out as much with the puck. Does our system not allow for offensive D's to play their best or something?
dynamic_resize.jpeg

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
But don’t you understand that a top 10 pick being better than a 7th round pick means they are amazing at drafting players?! God damn are Jets fan insecure, must be the lack of playoff wins.

Their insecurity also stems from losing their first franchise to a sunbelt city and now that they have a second franchise they have their bully platform to air all of their grievances and insecurities.

Reactions: dracom

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I wouldn't mind moving him one bit unless he has a really big post season. I'd love to see some of the young guys get a shot (steel, Terry, Jones)
Right now, a big post season will be improving his golf handicap if they don’t figure stuff out

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I missed this one, who were the good/bad standouts. I see we got outshot, was that an indicator of the game or not really?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I missed this one, who were the good/bad standouts. I see we got outshot, was that an indicator of the game or not really?
I watches first 2 periods... the team seemed pretty tired overall.

Standouts were kelly and chimera... i now see why BM got em, they were flying out there it was like kariya in his prime playing with mcdavid, truely a sight to behold.

Reactions: Mallard

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
montour looked bad on the goals we gave up, totally out of position/swimming.

It's unfortunate we had Dallas / Nashville b2b this point in the season, I hate stupid nhl scheduling. Just dumb. I know every club goes through it, but it's a shame the sport is expected to be played that way.

In retrospect, wish he had started Gibson against Dallas and Miller against Nashville and accepted that loss, rest the veterans / manage their playing time.

Instead we fell behind Nashville, and burnt our top players. They ran out of gas.

If we don't make the playoffs I hope we clean house in the front office. Murray's work this last season has been terrible (other than the Vatanen trade) and RC can't adapt.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Lets take a deep breath here. Thats a real tough loss, but they go home for 4 straight here. They still control their own destiny here. I have faith they'll not only squeak in, but will be in the 2/3 Pacific matchup.

I agree. I think we will need 96-98 pts to be 2nd or 3rd in division, and that seems do-able; 8 home games and 5 road games left, win 6 of 8 at home and 2-3 of 5 on the road and we should be in.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
montour looked bad on the goals we gave up, totally out of position/swimming.

It's unfortunate we had Dallas / Nashville b2b this point in the season, I hate stupid nhl scheduling. Just dumb. I know every club goes through it, but it's a shame the sport is expected to be played that way.

In retrospect, wish he had started Gibson against Dallas and Miller against Nashville and accepted that loss, rest the veterans / manage their playing time.

Instead we fell behind Nashville, and burnt our top players. They ran out of gas.

If we don't make the playoffs I hope we clean house in the front office. Murray's work this last season has been terrible (other than the Vatanen trade) and RC can't adapt.

Miller wasn't the reason we lost to Dallas.

Reactions: Magnus the Duck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->