GDT: Ducks @ Stars 530pm pst, most important game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He gets no help from his right winger either, who won't be on this team next year IMO
The funny thing is, he's producing pretty much exactly the same as he usually does. He has just not done his usual super-cold to start the season and super-hot to end it trick.

I'm not saying he's playing well, just pointing out that he's still on pace for about 40 points and 20 goals.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
This game wasn't on Carlyle, as dumb of a decision Vermette over Grant is.

The play that they drew up at the end was terrible. It's not the play that a team with Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Henrique, Kase, Silfverberg, and Rakell should be using in the final seconds of a game. That was a low percentage play that a bottom feeder team should be using, not this one.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The play that they drew up at the end was terrible. It's not the play that a team with Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Henrique, Kase, Silfverberg, and Rakell should be using in the final seconds of a game. That was a low percentage play that a bottom feeder team should be using, not this one.
I agree with that. I've never understood the insistence on having Getzlaf at the point when you have a 6-on-4 or a 6-on-5.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
What's with Montour you think? He's not standing out as much with the puck. Does our system not allow for offensive D's to play their best or something?

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

We stopped practicing that when we focused on mastering 3vs3

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden

this game is on the complete lack of depth scoring this team has.

When was the last time they got a goal out of the 4th line?

Lack of depth scoring? We had no offense whatsoever for 2 periods. Then suddenly we found it the last few minutes, when we where forced to. After the terrible second period where we had the total of 5 shots, the coach needs to use the break to change things. But we came out exactly the same with no offensive effort at all.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Grant does have 4 assists in his last 6 games. Gotta keep scratching him, he might get a goal.

Besides the terrible dump and chase / defensive system RC employs, its his lineup decisions that are the worst for me.

He literally picks less skilled players who are veterans over guys who actually produce. Grant is probably now the best 4th liner on the team and he is consistently scratched. It makes no sense and I truly don’t understand what goes through RC’s decrepit mind.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I didn't expect to get a point out of the Preds game, but this one was very winnable, especially with Dallas being down a few players. Not getting at least a point tonight pretty much sums up the season. Nice try, just not good enough... again.

The top line is good, but the Kes and Rico lines have been nothing more than energy lines, while the 4th line continues to be as utterly useless as it has been since Thompson left.

We're still in the mix for a playoff spot, but man am I eager to get to next season. I'm ready for some fresh young blood and a new look behind the bench.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Lack of depth scoring? We had no offense whatsoever for 2 periods. Then suddenly we found it the last few minutes, when we where forced to. After the terrible second period where we had the total of 5 shots, the coach needs to use the break to change things. But we came out exactly the same with no offensive effort at all.
Uh, yes, lack of depth scoring.

They just played a back-to-back and got zero goals out of the bottom 3 lines

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

this game is on the complete lack of depth scoring this team has.

When was the last time they got a goal out of the 4th line?
Would t thendecion to put that fourth line in the lineup, pretty much eliminating the chance for offense be on Randy?
Just like the dementia that changed or d pairings last night after making progress??
Or team is starting to look like a fail upwards organization
Grant, you're doing a better than expected job, so we're going to rest you to see if we can get some losers going....and they are really putting an effort in with the soccer ball so I want to reward the. Anybody got DiPentas number for Randy? He worked hard too

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
The top line is good, but the Kes and Rico lines have been nothing more than energy lines, while the 4th line continues to be as utterly useless as it has been since Thompson left.
I wouldn't call the second line a energy line. They are pretty much doing nothing except from Cogs skating fast at some times. Silfverberg scoring two goals some games ago was so random. He has been crap a long time.

Reactions: Getzmonster

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The funny thing is, he's producing pretty much exactly the same as he usually does. He has just not done his usual super-cold to start the season and super-hot to end it trick.

I'm not saying he's playing well, just pointing out that he's still on pace for about 40 points and 20 goals.
Exactly why he should be moved out in the offseason. Still has decent enough value to bring back a decent return

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Uh, yes, lack of depth scoring.

They just played a back-to-back and got zero goals out of the bottom 3 lines

Sure, but scoring doesn't come without any sort of organised offensive effort and scoring chances. The coach just sticks with his lines because we have the lead and think things will work out instead of trying to change things to create better play.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
It would be nice if they could let Carlyle keep his job but just hire anyone else who watches hockey to make his lines for him

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I wouldn't call the second line a energy line. They are pretty much doing nothing except from Cogs skating fast at some times. Silfverberg scoring two goals some games ago was so random. He has been crap a long time.

They looked pretty strong coming off that four day break, but these last two games are where they really needed to be a factor. Henrique's line hasn't been playing terribly or anything, it just seems that Kase has cooled off and Rico can't do it alone.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Crap line up decisions, and crap coaching. Another day in the RC machine.

Who would have thought filling your 4th line with crap AHL veterans would mean it has no scoring threat.. Everyone apart from management apparently. Grant being scratched is just ridiculous when 2 of Chimera/Kelly/Vermette will be playing over him.

If RC is coach next season, I can see my interest being minimal.

Reactions: Doothpick

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
To be honest BM has to go soon too. I like him but re-hiring RC and that trade deadline he had this year are pretty inexcusable

The only reason to keep him GM at this point is so Madden doesn't leave with him

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad