Prospect Info: Ducks sign Jaycob Megna

Ducksgo*

Always liked the kid. Big and physical I hope he succeeds in the AHL

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I read good things about Megna, but still surprised it's 3 year deal here and 2 for Manson. Probably not a big deal about that though.

I just hope someone will be able to move the puck in Norfolk next year :laugh:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I may be misremembering the rules, but I think the difference in ELCs is due to age. I think Manson can only be given a two-year ELC because he is 22.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I read good things about Megna, but still surprised it's 3 year deal here and 2 for Manson. Probably not a big deal about that though.

I believe it's due to Manson playing an extra year at BCHL level before going to College, mean's he's only eligible for a 2 year ELC like Schultz was (also means he could of gone the Schultz route if he wanted to) compared to players who jump straight to College hockey.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Agh, yes. Thanks!

Megna seems to have great frame, hopefully he can put it in good use at the pro level. Is he a good skater?

agent082

Feb 11, 2012

Don't worry. They have Vatanen.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Don't let Megna's size fool you, he's not particularly physical and not the least bit mean. He's a standout skater at the college level though. I'd like to see him skate alongside pros, but he's very smooth and agile among his peers.

He was the go - to power play qb for unl.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
According to capgeek this contract also doesn't start until next year. But then he's a Ducks draftee so this isn't as surprising as a college UFA.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Don't let Megna's size fool you, he's not particularly physical and not the least bit mean. He's a standout skater at the college level though. I'd like to see him skate alongside pros, but he's very smooth and agile among his peers.

He was the go - to power play qb for unl.

How does a PP QB have such poor stats?

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
So what kind of contract is he on to be playing at Norfolk but without an ELC? Can a drafted player sign a standard minor league deal without signing an ELC but still have his rights retained by the drafting team? Or did we never draft him and he is already a UFA?

He signed his ELC already, but no a team would have to release all rights to a player before they could sign a minor league deal in the AHL.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I've never seen Megna play or really heard anything about him - what does he project to be if he reaches his potential?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
15:42 of ice time with 2:48 of it being shorthanded time and no power play time in tonights game. Can anyone comment on his play?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Decent at stopping the puck and puck carrier, not very good at not just clearing it to Calgary players or turning it over instead of hitting one of our guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad