Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Chris Kelly

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
What was the reported offer Thompson declined? One year, $700k something?

Kelly getting nearly twice as much. It all makes sense now.

Reactions: Fighter

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It must be frustrating for guys like Kossila having strong years in the AHL and the BM pulls off **** like this keeping them off the NHL roster. Idiotic signing
Kossila is having a good season but he have quite a lot proving to do to get any bragging rights about what Murray should or shouldn`t do.

And not like I have heard him complain or anything so I`m not saying anything bad about Kalle - just answering your comment.

PS
I`m not saying Kelly signing is great or anything. But let`s give him a chance. If there was a spare money to spend, let`s give him a chance, Bob told he has been getting up to speed after those leg injuries, so we`ll see.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Useless. Chimera looks like he can still skate in this league.

Kelly is completely washed

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I feel really bad for the the hate this guy is getting, because he seems like a quality human being, and the Ducks approached him, he didn't approach them. That said, he's not an NHL player any more.
Yeah, he doesn't seem a bad guy at all and I don't blame him for taking the contract (gets 6 figures for a few months when he was on an AHL contract earlier this season). Just talking purely from a hockey point of view he's absolute crap.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Interesting Gionta was pretty bad for team USA, but is now fitting in nicely with Boston. Kelly seemed pretty good for Canada, and is now garbage in Anaheim.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Interesting Gionta was pretty bad for team USA, but is now fitting in nicely with Boston. Kelly seemed pretty good for Canada, and is now garbage in Anaheim.

Gionta was still a 30 point player in the NHL last season. Kelly put up 12 in a full 82 game season, then couldn't even cut it in the AHL this season. Just a stupid signing all around.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I feel really bad for the the hate this guy is getting, because he seems like a quality human being, and the Ducks approached him, he didn't approach them. That said, he's not an NHL player any more.

Agreed. I think it just goes back to the short fuse most of us have with this team because we have already seen this movie. There's just no reason a team this talented should be struggling to make the playoffs. And there's no reason we shouldn't have learned from the past. But we all know why we are where we are and it's damn annoying.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
A swing and a miss. Who could have predicted?

I still don't mind the add just to have him in the room and all (just looking for a silver lining here), but keep him off the ice. Brown-Grant-Chimera is probably the best option, and that makes me sad. I'd like to see another call up, maybe try something like: Blandisi-Grant-Brown/Chimera.

Reactions: Duck Off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad