Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
StockPicking-344x209.png

Reactions: Lord Flashheart

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Is there any reason we had to give this guy more than the league minimum? Did we actually have to win a bidding war for him? And if so, why did we?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Is there any reason we had to give this guy more than the league minimum? Did we actually have to win a bidding war for him? And if so, why did we?

Because intangibles. A high character guy that might be our worst forward will whip us into shape.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If we were gonna throw that kind of money at an over the hill vet I would have much rather someone like Iginla who at least has shown some scoring touch in the past 3 years.

highly doubt iginla would want to come to a team that's not even guaranteed to make the playoffs

he'll only sign if a definite cup contender shows him the money

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
This signing is whatever. Seriously inconsequential. My only hope is this means Vermette is gone and grant slots in and we have a warm body who can provide leadership

Reactions: ScarTroy

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Kelly+Bieksa+Beauchemin is a core to build around. All that veteran presence.... we're dripping with it now!

Seriously, though, I might be pissed if Kelly ends up getting a regular shift up here. The guy doesn't belong in the NHL any more, and we already have more than enough of those players.

Reactions: gilfaizon

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
He's not scoring anywhere, didn't look good neither in the Olympics nor in the AHL yet we give him 1.25 millions. I just don't get it...

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
One-way? One, as in the number lower than.two? Way, as in road, street or path? One-way? How the actual f*** can Murray absolutely murder guys like Rakell or Lindholm in negotiations, and then get taken for a ride by guys failing at lower levels desperately looking for jobs? Same with Bryz at the time. I know, RFAs vs. UFAs, and it's pro-rated, so it's not that much for the rest ofv the year - but then again, it's spent on Chris Kelly, so it's just thrown away. Ridiculous.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
1.25m pro rated? Is BM high? A guy who was done in the NHL last season and has played 22 combined games all season (at a level below the NHL) and is suddenly going to help us? If you want to trade away Vermette (I have no issue with that), why not give one of the young players like Kossila a look? Kelly makes Anaheim worse if he plays. For all the bitching about Vermette, at least he's passable as a 4th line and is great for Anaheim getting possession from draws - Kelly isn't even an AHL player at this point.

I said I was ok with it being for San Diego (using the assumption there's no way he'd get an NHL contract....), but an NHL contract? Laughable decision and puts us very close to the contract limit - limiting ability to make moves at the TDL and to potentially sign Terry if we want him to get some NHL action.

Last edited:

nilssont

May 27, 2007
It must be frustrating for guys like Kossila having strong years in the AHL and the BM pulls off shit like this keeping them off the NHL roster. Idiotic signing

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Troy Terry is probably looking at this bs and shaking his head

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Maybe Troy just wants to finish his college season in order to do that. Or has he mentioned anything to think he absolutely wants to sign now and not in 2 months?

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Terry would ever consider signing before his college season ends, I don't know why that guy thinks he would sign now.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I meant when the college season ends obviously. He went back to school to win another championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad