Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Chris Kelly

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
So pointless, so Bob. Literally does nothing for us but give us an extra warm body, but BM just can't resist some tinkering. Hopefully Vermette can get us a 3rd.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Bruins fans wanted this guy off their team and thought he was useless in like 2014. So this is Murray's way to tell the team he isn't going to bother adding anyone.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It makes sense. Same talent but not same results, Murray has intimated that he doesn't like the mental makeup so he is inserting a guy that will probably influence the room more than he will on the ice.

This is the behind the scenes addition, I am interested if there will be an on-ice version.

Also, if we can move vermette for 2nd/3rd and Kelly can do what he is doing then even better.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
It makes sense. Same talent but not same results, Murray has intimated that he doesn't like the mental makeup so he is inserting a guy that will probably influence the room more than he will on the ice.

This is the behind the scenes addition, I am interested if there will be an on-ice version.

Also, if we can move vermette for 2nd/3rd and Kelly can do what he is doing then even better.

Bob is 100% putting a claim on Burrows. No doubt about it, he just likes ex-Canucks way too much. That'll be the on-ice addition... :help:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
why.... we have grant not even playing....

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

Kelly is a slower Vermette that is most likely worse on the dot. I don't think Murray would sign a guy just to have him in the room, so that probably means Vermette is gone and Grant continues to be scratched.

What a stupid signing.

Reactions: Paul4587

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I mean, it's a bit cringe-worthy, I don't get the appeal for these older guys that have already played their way out of the league, but the only real issue is that it's another contract on the books, though I doubt the limit will be a problem for us.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
There is not a single soul in this universe that can tell me Kelly is better than Grant, or even Kossila for that matter.

This team f***ing loves over the hill veterans doesn't it.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Someone please explain this to me in some fashion that does not involve the words “Bargain Bob” or some similar iteration.
bb5b45276aa44f988ad13bafbb3b6390.jpg

Reactions: DavidBL

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
37 years old. Is this for San Diego or Anaheim??????????

PS I am loving all the Carlyle avatars :laugh:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I think this is to change team culture, which our organization is clearly not happy with. How much of an impact this will actually make remains to be seen.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Maybe Murray feels Kelly is ready for the emotional letdown.

He didn't win Gold, so clearly he's ready to not win a Cup.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think this is to change team culture, which our organization is clearly not happy with. How much of an impact this will actually make remains to be seen.
Yep. It's a dressing room signing. Everyone freaking out is a little comical.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Yep. It's a dressing room signing. Everyone freaking out is a little comical.
A dressing room signing? :laugh: Chris Kelly is going to definitely turn out season around and make everyone get their heads out of their ass.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
What if they brought in Kelly so that the fans could harp on about someone else and Bieksa could breathe easier for a few games? You know, as a distraction tactic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->