Ducks-Sens Final!!! (Please Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...it's that time of the year again. 2 first time HFNHL Cup finalists in Anaheim and Ottawa. Congrats to both teams. After so many long series so far, interesting to see the Conf. finals decided so quickly.

I will take a day off tomorrow to give both teams a bit of extra time to get things sorted out (Tickets, Lines etc.) and will resume the day after.

Anybody interested in sending in finals predictions (and any reasons why) can send it to my e-mail address, [email protected] and some (or all) of it may be used in the next cover page I've putting together. Your identities will be kept secret, so you can actually speak your mind on the subject.

That way, if you want to pridct the sens to sweep the Ducks because "Anaheim's soft at the back etc. etc. etc. You can.

Keep in mind...The Draft is only a few weeks away. Any idea when we're holding it?

Last edited:

Atlanta GM

Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
I know what you mean I'm was all for the Flyers when they beat the Leaf's, in the NHL. You gotta love that...

On the radio the other day they were talking about how the leafs haven't won the cup in like 37 years. Yet during that time all other original 6 teams have won. Montreal like 9 times. Then they were talking about how 10 expansion teams have won in that time. Kind of amazing huh. But that comes from a typical Vancouver sports radio station... Not many Leaf's fans... Hey Vancouver has never won the cup but it's only been about 28 years for us. :)

btw... My hometown Victoria Cougars won the Stanley Cup in like 1925. Does that qualify me as coming from a Cup winning city? lol.

I say go... Ottawa. (HFNHL) This is a team that should have been a dynasty for the last 3 years. It'd be nice to see them win one before the team gets dismantled.

On other news... The Thrashers are said to be hidding the Cup. They just don't want to give the damn thing back!

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Chuzwazza said:
Keep in mind...The Draft is only a few weeks away. Any idea when we're holding it?

Imagine - I fall to those dreaded Ducks with Matt not even around. Arghh. I blame Andrew who had a full series to practice against my Blues, then got to step in to do the line-ups for Matt in his absence. Damn those Gledhill brothers...

For the draft, it's Matt's call and I'm sure he'll announce it shortly upon his return (Monday or Tuesday I think). Traditionally, it has been the Saturday before the NHL draft - which would lead me to believe it might be on June 19th. If memory serves, in past we've started it around 10:00AM EST, but I'm not sure about that.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
June 19th should be fine. I know that I won't be able to attend if it's held on the 12th, as I'll be representing Helsinki University in Reykavik 10-15.6 at a moot court competition. Also have to check out the local hockey talants.. :D

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Atlanta GM said:
I know what you mean I'm was all for the Flyers when they beat the Leaf's, in the NHL. You gotta love that...

On the radio the other day they were talking about how the leafs haven't won the cup in like 37 years. Yet during that time all other original 6 teams have won. Montreal like 9 times. Then they were talking about how 10 expansion teams have won in that time. Kind of amazing huh. But that comes from a typical Vancouver sports radio station... Not many Leaf's fans... Hey Vancouver has never won the cup but it's only been about 28 years for us. :)

QUOTE]

Yeah and the Leafs are the only non expansion team to not appear in the finals since 1967. I'm of course excluding Columbus, Atlanta, Ottawa, etc. Bah I'm rooting for another team from now on.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Imagine - I fall to those dreaded Ducks with Matt not even around. Arghh. I blame Andrew who had a full series to practice against my Blues, then got to step in to do the line-ups for Matt in his absence. Damn those Gledhill brothers...

For the draft, it's Matt's call and I'm sure he'll announce it shortly upon his return (Monday or Tuesday I think). Traditionally, it has been the Saturday before the NHL draft - which would lead me to believe it might be on June 19th. If memory serves, in past we've started it around 10:00AM EST, but I'm not sure about that.

Fortunately, I had the opportunity to get online and check the scores 2-3 times during my vacation. For lack of a better way to put it, I just about pissed myself when I saw the series was at 3-1! Congrats to the Blues on a fantastic season, even if it ended somewhat unceremoniously.

As far as the draft is concerned, I can't really see a reason to upset tradition...the 19th will probably be the date.

Mar 1, 2002
So...is the 19th a go? I need to go to Boston for 4 days over a weekend for business. I want to be at the draft and not just submit a list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->