Ducks Possible Pick

12 oz Papa*

Hey everyone,

I figured I'd come here in hopes of learning a bit about who the Ducks might be taking in the first round this draft.

They pick 16th overall, I believe.

Who are the best players that will be available at that time, and what are their upsides/downsides?

Thanks in advance!

seadog

Nov 8, 2005
Hey everyone,

I figured I'd come here in hopes of learning a bit about who the Ducks might be taking in the first round this draft.

Who are the best players that will be available at that time, and what are their upsides/downsides?

Thanks in advance!

the ducks pick 16th:)great the oilers pick 6 and 15,16.i wish....

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!

I still can't believe that Tampa gave up a first round draft pick for O'Brian.

Great move by Burke once again.

I wish Nonis would have traded Krajicek for a first round pick but hopefully he'll do that on draft since especially since some Montreal fans think they might be interested and could trade that San Jose pick for Krajicek.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Take off the big 7 (Kane, Voracek, Cherepanov, Gagner, Alzner, Van Reimsdyk, Turris) and any of the next most highly rated players could slip as far as 16- Couture, Hamill, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Mayorov, Gillies, Backlund, Sweatt, Korostin. Esposito and Ellerby would be surprises to drop that far but it's not a complete impossibility.

jbb21

Feb 11, 2007
Take off the big 7 (Kane, Voracek, Cherepanov, Gagner, Alzner, Van Reimsdyk, Turris) and any of the next most highly rated players could slip as far as 16- Couture, Hamill, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Mayorov, Gillies, Backlund, Sweatt, Korostin. Esposito and Ellerby would be surprises to drop that far but it's not a complete impossibility.

Do you have any thoughts on who the Caps might take at five?

Gillies and Couture seem like Burke type players, although I've heard him say he lets the scouts do their thing. I would expect them to get a good player based on their recent first rounders.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Do you have any thoughts on who the Caps might take at five?

Gillies and Couture seem like Burke type players, although I've heard him say he lets the scouts do their thing. I would expect them to get a good player based on their recent first rounders.
The Caps pick will depend completely and fully on the 4 taken before. However I might hazard a guess that Cherepanov could be their guy IF he isn't taken in the top 4.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Any chance Dana Tyrell, Stefan Legein, and Riley Nash (any chance he's seen like a Zajac-lite?) are considered for the first round?

If I'm a team and I like what those guys bring, and I do, I don't hesitate taking them a little early. That may be a quality of a draft that shows little distinction between the 50th pick from the 17th.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
I fully expect Nash to go in the 1st round. Tyrell and Legein have the potential to but I'd predict the 2nd round for both. I'll draw up a list of who I think are likely to go in the top two rounds soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad