Ducks Busy at Deadline...Sort Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Ducks GM Matt Gledhill was burning up the phones on Tuesday, and churning out e-mails at a breakneck pace...but not for the reasons he would have liked.

Not content to solely deal with his day-to-day duties running a hockey franchise, Gledhill also puts in long hours as a CPA. As such, to say that the timing of this season's trade deadline, April 13th, was an inconvenience for the Ducks GM is an understatement.

For those of you not familiar with the duties of an accountant in the United States, April 15th is the deadline for individuals to file their tax returns. Considering that 95% of taxpayers are procrastinators, the second week of April is an incredibly nerve-wracking time to be a CPA. It's always fun when someone whose return is "done" surprises you on April 14th with additional $2,000,000 of income that came from out of nowhere! :banghead:

Anyhow, my ranting aside, I obviously didn't get to do nearly the amount of wheeling and dealing that I would have liked. Such is life. However, I would like to ask that, on this glorious day, if any of you are drinking, please raise a pint for yours truly.

Thanks. Grazie. Domo origato. Gracias. Kiitos. Danke. Merci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad