GDT: Ducks @ Blue Jakets | 4.00 Pacific

Cool. Did you know you can make polls now in GDT???

• Yess

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Bieksa

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Ducks need a bubble wrap manager

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I hate it when we play these"reputation" teams. They always get the benefit of not being called penalties "because they are one of the least penalized teams". CBJ and NSH are notorious, and the refs perpetuate it. It was bad enough they didn't call columbus on a few instances, but that excuse of a "I did not see shit" excuse foglino had with Bieksa was beyond pathetic just as the one where foglino went after Gibson.

Its bad enough we're barely winning games being shorthanded, but playing these teams that should just be as penalized is absolutely absurd.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I hate it when we play these"reputation" teams. They always get the benefit of not being called penalties "because they are one of the least penalized teams". CBJ and NSH are notorious, and the refs perpetuate it. It was bad enough they didn't call columbus on a few instances, but that excuse of a "I did not see ****" excuse foglino had with Bieksa was beyond pathetic just as the one where foglino went after Gibson.

Its bad enough we're barely winning games being shorthanded, but playing these teams that should just be as penalized is absolutely absurd.

They were literally grappling and Foligno said he didn't see him drop the gloves. I'd have more respect for him if he just said he did it to get the powerplay. That's at least a good agitator move.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Alright, cleaned the thread up abit. If your team wins, don't be a dick and come into the opposition GDT to wind the fans up.

As you were.

Reactions: ScarTroy

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
They were literally grappling and Foligno said he didn't see him drop the gloves. I'd have more respect for him if he just said he did it to get the powerplay. That's at least a good agitator move.

Yeah, he was just trying to save face after the game. He knew exactly what he was doing & wanted no piece of Kev.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Call Larrson up while we are still short handed, play bieksa on the 4th line. Give Larrson a chance til we get forwards back to see what he can do.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nothing major. Couple of bright spots. He'll need some time to fit in.

Makes sense. Sure he was nervous and all that too. He still seemed a bit shook by this whole process in some of the interviews I heard.

Rooting for you guys now. I want to see Adam get some playoff hockey this year. He deserved it after so many down years. We will try to get Vats back there too

Reactions: Boogernaut
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Makes sense. Sure he was nervous and all that too. He still seemed a bit shook by this whole process in some of the interviews I heard.

Rooting for you guys now. I want to see Adam get some playoff hockey this year. He deserved it after so many down years. We will try to get Vats back there too
His best bet for that was probably to stay in Jersey.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Went to blow off some Bieksa induced steam at the gym and tweaked my shoulder. Feel like a part of the team now that i’m injured.

It was already spreading to one of the reporter's, now it's onto the fans. We need to sacrifice Dustin Brown to the hockey gods.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Im fine with the gibson/manson call for the same reason the bieksa call is brutal...scrums like that, you ALWAYS take BOTH sides...gutless

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think Ducks fans will like Blandisi more than Henrique. He is a terrific playmaker off the rush, finds the offside defensmen with ease. I loved his game this preseason and to be honest, he should have made the team. We could use a center with that sort of creativity.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I miss Sami already, Ducks need a #5 stay home D right now. That 3rd pairing last night is too slow to play together and I would not want to mess with the Montour-Fowler, Manson-Lindholm pairings.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I miss Sami already, Ducks need a #5 stay home D right now. That 3rd pairing last night is too slow to play together and I would not want to mess with the Montour-Fowler, Manson-Lindholm pairings.
Larsson when hes healthy

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Larsson when hes healthy

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Montour
Larsson/Beauch - Bieksa/Beauch/Holzer

56 games remaining, would be nice to see Larsson in for at least 35 of them, with Beauch taking the other ~21 on the left side.

The right side could be split something along the lines of Bieksa (30), Holzer (16), Beauch (10).

That would get the two vets into 50+ games while keeping them fresh for playoffs, while given Larsson plenty of experience and a chance to nail down a spot moving forward.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Montour
Larsson/Beauch - Bieksa/Beauch/Holzer

56 games remaining, would be nice to see Larsson in for at least 35 of them, with Beauch taking the other ~21 on the left side.

The right side could be split something along the lines of Bieksa (30), Holzer (16), Beauch (10).

That would get the two vets into 50+ games while keeping them fresh for playoffs, while given Larsson plenty of experience and a chance to nail down a spot moving forward.
Sounds good to me larsson is good skater and smart defender can hopefully cover for bieska beauch and holzers short comings

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

I hear ya but Sami has been really bad this year. The third paring has been awful for a long Time and Sami was doing nothing to make it better.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Alright, cleaned the thread up abit. If your team wins, don't be a dick and come into the opposition GDT to wind the fans up.

As you were.

the blue jackets have fans?

also, where's larsson? was at the reign-gulls game last night and he wasn't playing. is he hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->