GDT: Ducks @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CT NSCH - Once Upon a Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The breakaway goal where the Duck got behind Kempny was not a Kempny issue, it was caused by a poor turnover by the forward that should have never happened. The Duck player flew the zone early and Henrique hit him with a pass on the turnover. You blame Kempny but the actual issue is with the turnover.
Wasn’t Kempny the one that turned it over? The puck came to him at the blueline, and it looked like he tried to pass it to someone near the goal line, but he passed it directly to the Ducks player who immediately passed it to Kase. That’s what I remember anyway.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Wasn’t Kempny the one that turned it over? The puck came to him at the blueline, and it looked like he tried to pass it to someone near the goal line, but he passed it directly to the Ducks player who immediately passed it to Kase. That’s what I remember anyway.

You are right.

He put the puck to the net (pass/shot) and it went to Henrique.

Schmaltz was in the corner (not sure why with Kane on the sidewall) and Seabrook was streaking the slot.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hartman made the right move to no engage but the ref made the wrong call. Can't fault him there if you ask me.

To boot, he allowed two Ducks players to collide and take each other out. He pulled some straight up ninja shit with that evasive maneuver.

Time and place.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If it was Perry hitting Kane like that, you all would be OK with everyone just standing around doing nothing? Just curious.

Kane is different than JS but if it was clean then I would not see the reason to fight. Dirty hit? I want an ax to his head and Kesler for good measure.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Blow it up already. This team has exactly one untouchable and that's #12. Everyone else should be available even though most of them unfortunately are unmovable...

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Exactly, until they see a slowed down replay, it's tough to tell if it's dirty or not right away.

Agreed. And I'll add that if you are a guy, who's known for or expected to stand up for your teammates, it would be held against you if you do nothing on a dirty hit and afterwards say, "my bad, I thought it was clean."

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Exactly, until they see a slowed down replay, it's tough to tell if it's dirty or not right away.

Agreed. And I'll add that if you are a guy, who's known for or expected to stand up for your teammates, it would be held against you if you do nothing on a dirty hit and afterwards say, "my bad, I thought it was clean."

The Hartman hit was obvious though.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

It was to us watching, but was it to Manson, Kesler? I don't know the answer, but it certainly seems possible that players on the ice might have their eyes elsewhere and not now for sure given the speed of the game.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I have to agree, it was pretty damn obvious to be a clean hit. All of the guys who jumped Hartman were within feet of it happening, and were looking right at him throughout the hit, considering it was the puck carrier that got lit up. Everyone on the ice is looking right at him.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
I just haven't figured out Hartman's role and I don't think he has either. Right now he is essentially a fourth line energy player in my eyes and those guys are easily replaceable. If the hawks could trade him for a prospect or picks before trade deadline it would not bring tears to my eyes.

Loved the hit though.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It was too us watching, but was it to Manson, Kesler? I don't know the answer, but it certainly seems possible that players on the ice might have their eyes elsewhere and not now for sure given the speed of the game.

He's the puck carrier. All 12 guys on the ice are watching him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->